🐈
» Forums » Agencies » JSS Score is decresed and it's not increasing...
Page options
360digitals
Community Member

JSS Score is decresed and it's not increasing even after positive reviews on my profile

Hey,

My profile JSS Score has been dropped from 89% to 85% without any negative reviews on my profile. I have all 5star raiting on my profile and i do regular projects on upwork.

This is so horrible, we do a lot of hardwork to treat client at best providing the best services still upwork alorithm doesn't function in a proper way.

I had no dispute ever on my profile except a contract was end by the client and i refunded to the client even before the project was submitted to him.

Can anyone help me out to get my JSS Score back on track ?

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mayank,

There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, pattern of contracts without feedback, etc. To learn more about the factors included in the JSS calculation check out this Help Article.

The agency job success score is calculated using the same formula for freelancers. But instead of contracts of just one freelancer, we look at all contracts of the agency's exclusive and non-exclusive agency contractors, ensuring that agencies and agency members have one consistent score.

We've also changed the way your Job Success Score (JSS) is calculated to give more weight to jobs with higher earnings. Previously, a $20 job typically carried the same weight as a $1,000 job. Now, a $1,000 job will be weighted more than a $20 job. To learn more about this, check out our announcement Post Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

After my JSS had been stuck at 62% for months, I got a $400 worth of Job on which the client gave a 5 start feedback.

Now, my JSS was updated just yesterday and there doesn't seem to be any increase. 

What could be wrong.

There was supposed to be an increase since I got a 5 star feedback

Hi Damilola,

Thank you for your message. We update the score that you see on your profile on a biweekly basis. You may also see your Job Success score change due to the rolling time window over which the score is calculated. Because your score is calculated over multiple time frames and the best score from your 6-month, 12-month, and 24-month JSS displayed, a contract can sometimes slip out of that calculation, causing your score to change significantly without any recent activity. For example, a contract will no longer be counted in your 6-month window once it is 6-months and one day old. We have gone into great detail on how your Job Success score is calculated here.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello there. I have the same issue with JSS score. I have two long-term partnerships going on for several months with 800$+ of a monthly income but my JSS score only keeps dropping. I never had any negative experiences and my I always meet deadlines. My percentage suddenly dropped from 96% to 73% and the only reason I can see this happening is due to a few contracts that weren't closed but were still active, although the clients were unresponsive. Can anyone tell me what's going on here?

Contracts not closed have no impact on JSS as no feedback is given. Private feedback and many other factors do have an impact. Read the help article below to learn more.

Job Success Score – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Thank you Sophia for a reply. I know what affects JSS, I already read the guidelines. That's why I am confused as there's nothing in my case that should make it go down, on the contrary.

You must have received bad private feedback. 

I didn't, if you mean on private messages by private feedback. Even if I did, it couldn't affect the score that much to drop from 96% to 73%, but I didn't receive anything negative even within the messages.

1aca1cf9
Community Member

Hello UpworkTeam,

What is the reason behind the decrease in my JSS from 100% to 97%?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths