🐈
» Forums » Agencies » business account ?
Page options
desmond2020
Community Member

business account ?

I have opened an account here at upwork for mysefl. But recenly me and my friend have opened a business and we want to operate here at upwork as that business entity. Is it possible to do that ? If yes how can I transfer ? I am new to upwork and dont know much of the rules and regulations yet. 

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Fariz,

You can create a client account and set up your team as detailed in this help article. Then, you can invite your friend as a member and set permissions. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joanne,

Thanks a lot for yor reply. But that did not answer my question. Maybe I was not able to express my question properly. Let me explain with example: 

-My profile here is under my name ( fariz **edited for Community Guidelines**)  and I am bidding for work. I also have a business with my partner named 'X' and the that business is for the same type of work that I am bidding here at Upwork. Now if I get a work from client 'Y' can I say that my business 'X' has done the work and not me personally. 

Hi Fariz, 

It sounds like creating an agency is the best model for this situation. Agencies are businesses/companies that would like to sell their services on Upwork as a company.  Here's a help article for more information on creating an agency on Upwork. 

Here are also more articles from our Hiring Headquarters for more information about building an agency profile on Upwork: 

~ Avery
Upwork

Avery,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. Reading the articles seems like we will need to get an agency account set up. But that has a monthly charge which we cnat afford right now. Also since I am the one who will be doing the work we should probaby keep it at freelancer account at the moment. Which brings me to my last question. 

-If I do a job here, can I advertise that in our busness website, client permitting of cource. 

Yes, that is okay Fariz.

-If I do a job here, can I advertise that in our busness website, client permitting of cource. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths