🐈
» Forums » Clients » A freelancer has asked me to refund her as lo...
Page options
1c291a93
Community Member

A freelancer has asked me to refund her as long I change my feedback to 5 stars

Hi, 

I had a dispute. Upwork sent me an email telling me I lost the case....

Dispute Case for Contract ID# 25546647 (#30208027)

The freelancer was aware she didn't do her job so she was happy to refund me as long I change my feedback and give her 5 starts. i changed my feedback and she's just made the refund. 

Is that part of the "resolution" ? Or could I write my real review to her? 

Looking forward to hearing from Upwork colleges and what I should do now. Thanks!
**Edited for Community Guidelines**
4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Roberto,

I would like to clarify that the actions you`re referring to are not part of the resolution from our dispute team. 
If the freelancer has used the feature "Enable client to change Feedback" you will have 14 days to make any changes, either positive, negative, or neutral in outcome. The window for making changes stays open the full 14 days and you can make multiple changes during this period. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ladyelexia
Community Member

If you lost the case, that means she would be getting paid and you would be out of luck. She sent you a message saying that she is willing to refund the money she just won from the dispute in exchange for positive feedback? Well, that is against the TOS to start. Also, if she refunds you in full then no feedback would show up at all. Perhaps she refunded you all but $1 in order to retain the feedback, which sadly wont save anyone from being scammed in the future. 

So, you intend to write a review that cannot be posted because the freelancer refunded the money he had no reason to give back, but he refunded anyway in exchange of you not writing the bad review that you are still trying to write, after promising not to. You two really found each other, too bad it didn't work out; your combined ethics and brain power could do so much…

1c291a93
Community Member

The freelancer is a woman and she was aware during our time she didn’t do
her job well, even when she won the case. I’m a new client and my mistake
was to add extra hours (3hrs more) plus a bonus. I take responsibility from
that but unfortunately I wanted my money back as i didn’t get anything from
her. Upwork sent me emails about their rules. But because she knows the
real situation she was happy to refund as long I charge my ratings and
delete my feedback. So my message was about her ethics and your message
doesn’t help at all.

I sent messages and images of the chat to Upwork and they haven’t get back
to me so i guess if you rang you take about ethics then start with this
platform that allows this to happen without taking this seriously.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths