🐈
» Forums » Clients » Are you a web developer? Seeking feedback
Page options
tompatrick
Community Member

Are you a web developer? Seeking feedback

Hi,

I'm a client and I'd like a web developer (ideally backend) to tell me what they think of my job description.

Is it a good one? What would make it more appealing? Does it need more info? 

Let me know your feedback.

The reason I ask is, I want to make sure it's good enough before posting.

Thanks.

Title: Part-time, Long-term Backend + DevOps developer to join our team | Linux, Nginx, MySQL, PHP

Description:

Hi - We are a small but growing niche e-commerce business team with a calm and professional work environment.

Background:
I'm Tom, director of a team behind a SaaS platform for handmade goods. It allows small businesses (shop owners in town and home businesses) to sell their goods and deliver locally with our app. It is one of the most advanced and easy to use platforms in the United Kingdom and we are planning to expand to the US once we have a more established team.

The role:
You'll take the senior/lead role in the following areas in order to maintain, mature and scale the platform:
DevOps (40%), Backend (50%), Server admin (10%)
You'll direct the team and once you have learned the platform enough, create a development plan for the developers to follow while monitoring and being responsible for the platforms reliability.
You can also instruct us to hire additional developers if necessary.

You'll be:
- Proactive, rather than reactive
- Proficient in English
- Held a similar role before

Work hours/Salary:
- Able to be online for 2-4 hours per day, Mon-Fri (ideally between hours 9am to 5pm GMT:0)
- Approx $-- to $-- per month depending on your availability and skills
- Long term, permanent part-time role. Possible full-time in future if you are interested

Benefits:
- I'm the director and I'm on Skype every day (Mon-Fri). No middle managers.
- Permanent remote working
- You can choose technical direction
- There are no shareholders
- Tasks are not rushed
- I always listen to the developers and make decisions based on their guidance
- Increased hourly rate as project expands

The team:
- Myself: Director, product designer, (UI, UX), tester
- Current developer working on features/bugs
- Part-time iOS developer that manages the iOS and android apps

Interview process:
- Initially, a couple questions. I'll then introduce you to the team and they'll have a general chat. We will then contact the most appropriate candidate. No coding tests.

If this sounds ideal and you're interested in seeing a small business grow and mature, we'd love to hear from you.

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

I think it is too long.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths