🐈
» Forums » Clients » Client - change job posting from fixed to hou...
Page options
bece8af2
Community Member

Client - change job posting from fixed to hourly

I don't see any way to do this as a client. What am I missing? Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
christopherbudde
Community Member

I was just looking at this!

Fixed-Price to Hourly

To switch an active, fixed-price contract to an hourly contract:

1. Go to Freelancers and find the contract in the list.
  2. From the Actions list, click View contract.
  3. Click Switch to Hourly.
  4. Fill out the form to close your fixed-price contract, set up a new hourly contract, and confirm that you understand what changing terms means. The new hourly contract will begin at 00:00 UTC.

Hourly to Fixed-Price

It is not possible to convert a contract from hourly to fixed-price. If you and your freelancer would like to go from an hourly to fixed-price contract, simply end the hourly job and rehire the freelancer, changing the offer terms to a fixed-price contract. If do so, please discuss the new payment terms with your freelancer beforehand to avoid any surprises.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
christopherbudde
Community Member

I was just looking at this!

Fixed-Price to Hourly

To switch an active, fixed-price contract to an hourly contract:

1. Go to Freelancers and find the contract in the list.
  2. From the Actions list, click View contract.
  3. Click Switch to Hourly.
  4. Fill out the form to close your fixed-price contract, set up a new hourly contract, and confirm that you understand what changing terms means. The new hourly contract will begin at 00:00 UTC.

Hourly to Fixed-Price

It is not possible to convert a contract from hourly to fixed-price. If you and your freelancer would like to go from an hourly to fixed-price contract, simply end the hourly job and rehire the freelancer, changing the offer terms to a fixed-price contract. If do so, please discuss the new payment terms with your freelancer beforehand to avoid any surprises.

How do you change from hourly to fixed price before the contract is awarded?

How to change from hourly to fixed price job before starting the contract? should he setup a new job post ? If yes how he can invite me there?

Honestly?

If the contract has not started, then I think the easiest way to do this is to simply copy the core job description text and paste it into a completely new job posting.

I am not even sure if there is a button that allows for a simpler way.

Hi Salma,

Your client can change the contract type while sending you an offer (after clicking on the 'Hire' button next to your name while checking the submitted proposals). You can check this screenshot for reference.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksadar:)
Latest Articles
Learning Paths