🐈
» Forums » Clients » Client stops responding
Page options
6516c0f5
Community Member

Client stops responding

I have a question. I recently accepted a job offer from a client, completed the work, and made revisions as per their suggestions twice. However, I haven't received a response to my messages for the past two to three days. What would be the appropriate course of action in this situation?

8 REPLIES 8
yofazza
Community Member

Did you have a contract? Fixed-price or hourly?

6516c0f5
Community Member

It's fixed price contract, Radia

yofazza
Community Member

If it's funded, the appropriate action is to click the 'Submit Work for Payment' button and then forget about it. The button will start a 14-day timer for the client to either release the funds, or request another revision.

6516c0f5
Community Member

It's funded and I already submitted the work,  I'm wondering if the client can end the contract without releasing the payment.

yofazza
Community Member

No they can't. I often wrote, freelancers can do some **Edited for Community Guidelines** and useless work and the client will not be able to get their entire money back. Not directing this to you, of course.

--

What your client did is not uncommon, even in direct jobs. The 'funded milestone' here is advantageous for us as it may serve partly as an advance payment.

Once you submit your work, your client has 14 days to review and either approve the milestone or ask for changes. If they approve, the funds in escrow will be released to your pending payments. If your client takes no action for 14 days or doesn't answer your messages, the funds are automatically released to your pending payments and will be released to you after a 5-day security hold.

If a client requests an escrow refund for a milestone that you’ve completed, you can file an escrow dispute. The disputed funds will remain in escrow until a resolution is reached. Learn more about the escrow dispute process here.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Aaisha,

Please submit your work and you are auto payed in 14 days provided the client doesn't request a revision.

6516c0f5
Community Member

Thankyou for the replies everyone. 

Client now approved the work.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths