🐈
» Forums » Clients » ENTER RFC
Page options
7ce31f10
Community Member

ENTER RFC

I´m trying to enter the RFC with the link indicated, how ever, always that I do click on it, web take me to my Tax Information, but it is not appearing any space where I can enter the RFC. Screenshot atttached.

Any suggestion on how can I solve it?

Thanks.

Susana.

4 REPLIES 4
ArjayM

Hi Susana Edith,

Thank you for reaching out. I have checked and it looks like you've created a Client account. Please note that in Mexico, an income tax on digital services that we are required by Mexican law to withhold from the earnings of freelancers and agencies

The amount to be collected from Freelancers' or agencies' earnings is determined by whether they provide a Clave en el Registro Federal de Contribuyentes (RFC) number to Upwork. You may want to check this help article for more details on how Mexican Income Tax Withholding works.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7ce31f10
Community Member

Hello Arjay...

Thanks for your response and the link to the article. Indeed, I know how and why the withholding runs in MEX. 

And for that, my concern is why I´m not able to enter the RFC in my Tax information, for invoicing purposes (screen attached in the comment).

When I do click in the Upwork link for it, it´s not appearing any space where I can enter it.

And yes, I created a client account because I´m a client, due I need to hire freelancers for some projects.

Susana.

7ce31f10
Community Member

Or maybe, clients account do not need the RFC??

Hi Susana Edith,

I'm really sorry for not clearing that part of your query. Filing RFC is only available for freelancers and agencies where we will only be required to withhold 1% of their earnings instead of 20% once completed. This is also why you don't have the option to enter it on your end. I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths