🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Employers Request Security Fee
Page options
anngelliemendoza
Community Member

Employers Request Security Fee

Hi! Im new here in upwork. I would like to ask if clients are allowed to request security fee to their employees? They said it is reimbursable and it is an assurance that i will not quit half way. 

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

It is a scam.

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Scam. Please read what Upwork put together to help protect us from the scam posts they can't stop: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/From-the-Trust-and-Safety-Team-How-to-Spot-a-Scam/ba-...

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ann Gellie, 

I'm glad you came here to ask. Preston and Peter are correct. Asking freelancers to pay for work violates the Upwork Terms of Service. 

If you haven't already, please report the client by following the steps here. Since you are new, I highly recommend that you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork

It would also be best to visit this article below for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths