🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Fake profiles
Page options
gilliad
Community Member

Fake profiles

So im sure every one has tried to hire developers from different coutries like Russia or Europe and finding out their profiles say Russia, but they are Chinese, or lying about where they come from entirely even their picture does not match their accent. 

I was aproach by they developers....it read sort of like this...**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I always wondered how these developers, get by the Upwork system, its possible they make legitimate users start accounts for them, then they take over accounts...im not sure whats solutions would be possible for such deceptive practices. Maybe IP login detected not from country of account...but i know how frustrating is can be when you get developers with fake profiles... when i try hiring some of them I always try and voice with them to confirm they are who they say they are...

Maybe its just a price incentive to say you work from they usa when you do not...

4 REPLIES 4
sbilu131521
Community Member

Agreed. Recently, I have seen some Facebook groups where you can even buy an active Upwork account! At least they are saying so.

I think Upwork should take a look at that and maybe they can upgrade their policy and techniques of verifying a freelancer.

It appears upwork does not care about the quality of their providers

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Steve,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Could you please send me the details about this via PM (click on my name)? Our team will review them and take proper action as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

It's so unnecessary.

I have hired actual Chinese freelancers who say they live in China. Their profile identifies them as living in China.

And they have been great!

Nobody needs to lie about where they live.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths