🐈
» Forums » Clients » Fixed price offer
Page options
6fdd2739
Community Member

Fixed price offer

How do I create a fixed price offer. I have a profile and I can't see where I can create a fixed price project . Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6fdd2739
Community Member

Thank you Luigi, That is what I meand. So the best thing is to change my project catalogue and leave it very focused on one thing only.

Regards

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
NikolaS

Hi Milenne,

When you need work completed, post a job in our marketplace. Then freelancers and agencies can find you and you can interview them. To post your job, go to Jobs > Post a Job. You’ll be asked a series of questions to make sure you include all the important details freelancers and agencies need.

You can find more information in this help article

After you’ve found the right freelancer or agency for your project, hiring them is simple. 

To hire a freelancer or agency:

• Go to the My Jobs page
  • Open the posting you wish to hire on
  • Locate the freelancer or agency you’d like to hire
  • Click the Hire Freelancer or Hire Agency button
  • Send an offer to the freelancer or agency

You may want to check this help article for more information. 

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
6fdd2739
Community Member

Thank you. Yes, I have already hired people using upwork

In fact, I am asking from the point of view of a freelancer.

Where can I create an offer like the ones below?
Thank you.
Regards

Hi Milenne,

I am sorry for the confusion in my original post. Are you referring to creating a Project Catalog? If so I checked and it looks like you already created one Project and it is approved. 

Could you please let us know if you need further assistance with creating Projects? 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
6fdd2739
Community Member

Thank you Nikola. I don't know what a project calatogue is but if this is what I have which I created then I would like to do another and be able to appear as one project for a fixed project.

What I have in my profile is not a fixed price thing but it is just a profile with a portfolio and it is not a specific job.

I don't really like sending proposals to strangers and never getting a reply. Upwork has nothing in place to make sure people reply to proposals. There is a lot of people that comes only to get proposals so they can get free ideas and compare prices and stuff. This is the reason I don't like the way it works now.

If I can just put one offer for a specific job is good,  otherwise I would rather not using upwork if I am to be giving free ideas and writing proposals to someone I have no idea who they are and never get any response.  Thank you

Regards

Hi Milenne,

The way that Project Catalog works, is that clients will be able to place orders on the projects you add to your profile, and these projects can be purchased by clients for the amounts you set, just like a Fixed-Price contract. You can check Lena's post in this announcent thread for additional information.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6fdd2739
Community Member

Thank you Luigi, That is what I meand. So the best thing is to change my project catalogue and leave it very focused on one thing only.

Regards

youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Milenne, the thing is that you have a Freelancer account. To be able to post a job, you need to create a Client account. Here is how you can do that; Go to Settings > Contact info. > then press on the New Client Account button. Then you can follow what Nikola said to Post the job.

I hope this helps, wish you the best of luck : )

Thank you. I have both. I am not looking for posting a job. I would like to put an offer as a freelancer. A fixed price offer. Thanks

Regards

Milenne:
On Upwork, clients create jost postings. Those can be for hourly or fixed-price contracts.

A freelancer does not create a job posting.

If you would like to work with a client, you can just send them a message like this:

"Write blog article about favorite types of cats. Between 3000 and 4000 words. $100 fixed-price."

There is no button that a freelancer can use to create a fixed-price job.

However, after a fixed-price contract is in place, it is possible for a freelancer to propose milestones:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006324388-Propose-Milestones

Thank for your reply. I didn't put the question correctly.

What I meant is called project catalogue.

I have apparently created one and I thought we were able to create different ones. But I think I have that answered now. Thank you for your help

Regards

Latest Articles
Learning Paths