🐈
» Forums » Clients » Hire Freelancer
Page options
4ceb973f
Community Member

Hire Freelancer

Hi Upwork Community,

I am in trouble, Kindly help me. I have been working with freelancer (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) for 1 year. She is really fast and coopertive freelancer. I like her work very much. But recently upwork suspended her account due to any voilation. She is sending email to upwork that what type of voilation she did. But upwork didn't give any answer or reason.

I really respect upwork decision, but it affects my business alott. I want to hire her for all my work because I am 100% sure that only she can do well. Kindly help me, is there any way that I can hire her again.

Looking Forward to you!
Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vipin,

Unfortunately, we are unable to discuss the details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. We hope you understand.  I checked and saw that our team has provided all the available information about their account status on their ticket. Please, check out this help article for more information about the most common reasons for freelancer account holds.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mexius
Community Member

I dont know if it is the same situation than me, I have had this happen 5 times, I have hired freelancers with good skills, they they tell me that they have been suspended, and usually they dont know why. I was told once by the suport person that this happens when they have too many poeple covering a certain area.

each time I solved it by contacting a support person via chat and complaining, they wont always tell you why the suspension happened, but sometimes can say what the freelancer needs to do to resolve it, and often in my situation can help over turn the decission. 

if they didnt give her a reason I think it has been randomly suspended, exactly this happened to me before, just contact support on here belhalf - it is a shame they dont suspend the freelancers that rip people off, rather than the ones that have been working well! annoying waste of time... good luck

Alexis B wrote:

I dont know if it is the same situation than me, I have had this happen 5 times, I have hired freelancers with good skills, they they tell me that they have been suspended, and usually they dont know why. I was told once by the suport person that this happens when they have too many poeple covering a certain area.

each time I solved it by contacting a support person via chat and complaining, they wont always tell you why the suspension happened, but sometimes can say what the freelancer needs to do to resolve it, and often in my situation can help over turn the decission. 

if they didnt give her a reason I think it has been randomly suspended, exactly this happened to me before, just contact support on here belhalf - it is a shame they dont suspend the freelancers that rip people off, rather than the ones that have been working well! annoying waste of time... good luck

This is a pattern that may emerge when one hires low-level people. Not saying this is what you did, bit this is usually what happens. Upwork, unfortunately, is full of frauds. They live at the low end of the talent pool and they use tricks to deceive people, chiefly plagiarizing profile overviews from other people, using stock photos and stealing portfolio pieces. Once they're caught, Upwork nukes their profiles and do not communicate with them anymore.

If they are still talking with you, these frauds will always come up with an excuse for why they have been kicked.

Upwork doesn't suspend someone because they have too many people in the covered industry. They have too many people across the platform, all industries included. They may kick those who apply to jobs and don't get hired, though. But also when Upwork catches them with stolen material or misrepresenting themselves.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths