🐈
» Forums » Clients » How much does it cost a freelancer to bid on ...
Page options
2077040f
Community Member

How much does it cost a freelancer to bid on a project?

As a client, I want the best freelancers to bid on my Project.

How much does it cost a freelancer to bid on a project?

7 REPLIES 7
fayyazgee11
Community Member

It depends on the project
A good freelancer first clears the requirements and then ask for the budget.
Budget also depends upon tech stack and project stated
Usually top-rated freelancer willing to get over 1k+ USD proejcts

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "How much does it cost a freelancer to bid on a project?"

I am a top-level freelancer.

I don't even bid on projects.

So it costs me nothing.

Many top-level freelancers are like me.

We only work with repeat customers or with private invites.

If a client wants to hire us, they need to search freelancers and send us an offer.

Preston H wrote:

re: "How much does it cost a freelancer to bid on a project?"

I am a top-level freelancer.

I don't even bid on projects.

So it costs me nothing.

Many top-level freelancers are like me.

We only work with repeat customers or with private invites.

If a client wants to hire us, they need to search freelancers and send us an offer.

I don't either but I don't think that's what the OP was asking.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Philip, the best freelancers are usually going off of Client Invites. Search the Talent and give Invites to the BEST talent. I have been averaging 4 Invites a day this year. Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

sajal36
Community Member

I believe first you need to define the problem statement. Best of the case will be that you first look at "What", "Why" and than "How". If you are able to elicit them well than you can look at the experience that you are looking at in terms of team composition. Important question for you to decide that whether you want to fixed price the proejct or run on hourly.

Now you have come to the part what you require - PM, Designer, Architect, Developer, Tester etc. All rates of the developer will vary based on skills and experience. Remember putting top rated does not guarntee the project success rather what meets your project requirement is critical.

Finally to answer your question - If you send invite it will cost nothing to freelancer. But if you post the job than it will cost connects to freelancer for e.g. - 

• $50 or less job - 1 or 2 Connects will be needed
  • Less than a week with a budget of $50 to $600 - 3 or 4Connects needed
  • Longer-term jobs with $600+ and up - Five or six Connects needed

Let me know in case you have any queries.

Regards

Sajal Sharma

ericaandrews
Community Member

If you really want the 'best' freelancers, you really need to search them out yourself and go TO them with an invite to your job.  Remember, the 'best' freelancers are also likely to always be working on other projects - because other clients before you also realized they were the 'best' and snagged them up.  As a result, the 'best' are often not spending much time looking at the job board or seeing your posts.  You have to track them down, send an invite, and often - provide them with some type of incentive (like a higher rate) to get them to consider adding your project to their current workload or leaving their existing project(s) to join yours.  If you invite them, it costs them nothing to bid. If you post a job publicly and just 'wait', you are going to get bids in from "whoever is available", which may or may not include a few of the 'best'.   The 'best' are often not actively looking at the job board, or are only occassionally applying to projects that really interest them, so you really have to proactively seek them out and get their attention on your own via search, invite, and persuasion.  Good luck

melaniekhenson
Community Member

It costs $0.15/connect. So...that, times however many connects the job "costs," times however many connects the freelancer may boost.

If the freelancer is invited it doesn't cost anything. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths