🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to contact support?
Page options
f6d2538f
Community Member

How to contact support?

I'm about to lose my mind trying to find a way to contact support. Why is it so difficult??

I get as far as this page https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us and I can't find an article that solves my issue. I click on the thumbs down button to indicate the article is a waste of time, but there is still no further option to contact support.

What a joke! They are happy to charge fees but can't provide support to their clients.

I want to end a contract where the virtual assistant can't perform the tasks I've hired them to do. While I would never hire them again or recommend them to anybody, I don't think it would be fair to leave them public feedback saying so. I also don't want to leave a good rating as that would be misleading to other people looking to hire. I just want to quietly end the contract so we can go our separate ways. This however doesn't seem to be an option with Upwork, even if I provide private feedback, they still want me to provide public feedback.

Does anyone know a way around this?

16 REPLIES 16
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi B M,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Please take a screenshot from your end on what is happening when you click on the green button Get Help. One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further. Regarding your question, if funds are exchanged you will need to at least rate the freelancers with the stars rating. You will have the option to leave feedback on the contract for 14 days, after this you wont be able to leave any private or public feedback. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

B M:

To plainly reiterate a key point from Goran's exellent advice...

You DO NOT NEED to write any feedback when you close a contract.

You ALWAYS have the option to leave the written feedback completely blank.

ALSO: If you ask the freelancer to close the contract, then you do not need to leave any feedback at all - not even star feedback.

I also need to contact support, and don't know how..

I just landed my first job on UpWork ;), and I need to set some details on my profiles, first of all regarding payment. And the problem is, I am not 100% sure of security questions and answers I have chosen in the beginning, and don't want my account to be locked. Can I write to support what I think those were, could support confim this for me?  

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jelena, 

Yes, our team can help in changing your security question as well. You can reach out to our customer support on this Link by clicking on the green button Get Help. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, I have visited that link, and I am sorry but I don't see the green button Get Help 😕

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jelena,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
arekzagdan
Community Member

Hello!
I must admit, as a new freelancer had some problems with finding it too.
I think tons of questions can be handled by AI bot and Community, for those who are eager to contact people form Upwork directly i prepared quick step by step guide: (Freelancer POV)

UPWORK HELP.png
Hope it is helpful 🙂

Regards

Arkady

Thanks for taking the time to prep those instructions Arkady Z, however the green "Get Help" button is not displaying on any of my browsers.  

Hi Blake,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further, thank you for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you Bojan.  

Hi,

I have the same problem. "Get Help" does not appear anywhere and I can't get past the bot, which is not answering my question.

Help!

Hi Martin, 

I'll go ahead and check if you have access to our support channels. 

In the meantime, how can I help you?

~ Avery
Upwork
manikper
Community Member

I am having the same frustration. I have obviously forgotten my security ansers and am now unable to reset my password since it aske me for the security question answers and I cannot remember the right password. Please advice or contact me. Why is it so hard to find customer support?

Hi Manik,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble resetting your password. Please please fill in the account recovery form here. This will automatically create a ticket to our support team, and they will assist you further in resetting your password and security question. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello
My freelancer added 25$ but I received a bill for 45$ as payment dues. How can we contact Upwork team to clear up things? It’s also very annoying to get the chat with the bot, which adds more frustration to the matter.
Upwork, can you please reply? I don’t want to delay the payment to my freelancer and I need an invoice
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Baho,

We’re sorry to hear there is confusion around how payments are processed on hourly contracts. We checked and it looks like in addition to hours billed by the freelancer you also had a Recurring Weekly Payment set up for your first contract. On Hourly Contracts, the client is billed for the hours logged by the freelancer as well as for the Recurring Weekly Payment (if the client set it up when sending the offer). If there’s an issue, you have until Friday to file a dispute.  At this moment the freelancer can issue a refund for the amount they have received. 

We'll also have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to advise you regarding this concern. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths