🐈
» Forums » Clients » I WANT A REFUND
Page options
drewseefeldt
Community Member

I WANT A REFUND

I want a refund. **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I was charged for stuff I didn't pay for. 

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I want a refund. I was charged for stuff I didn't pay for."

Drew:
I do not doubt that you are sincere in your desire for a refund.

But that is not how this works.

You can not simply come to the Community Forum and say "I want a refund."
That is not going to make anything happen.

If you would like to explain your situation in more detail, then we can help answer specific questions and advise you about what you should do.

But without knowing any more about your situation, about all I can do is refer you to some useful help documents:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062158-Dispute-an-Agency-or-Freelancer-s-Hours

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062088-Request-a-Refund

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062058-Get-an-Escrow-Refund

These are official Upwork pages with details about procedures.

Since you posted on this topic, I will add my personal opinion:

Refund thinking hurts clients. If you are seeking a refund, you are gambling with your money. You MIGHT get money back. You might NOT get money back. A SAFER and LESS EXPENSIVE way to work as a client is to proactively decide that you will not ask freelancers for money, but that you will instead not pay those freelancers in the first place. It is always easier to hang on to your money rather than ask for it back, right? So instead of paying a freelancer a lot of money and then asking for a refund, effective clients monitor a freelancer's work, and if they see that any freelancer's work is not good enough, the close the contract on the freelancer immediately. Effective clients continue working ONLY with the freelancers who provide them with the most value.

AndreaG

Hi Drew,

I checked your account but I'm not sure which contract you're referring to. Could you please confirm the Contract ID so we could check and assist you accordingly?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

To no contract at all - I would like a refund on the processing fee of $58. I did not start a contract these past 3 days. Instead, I was charged $58 yesterday, just for posting a job request. I DID NOT KNOW that you get charged $58 for posting a job request. I DID NOT KNOW that you get charged for that. I would like a refund on that processing fee. That's not fair. 

Hi Drew,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Drew, thank you for clarifying what you were asking about.

I thought you wanted a refund from a freelancer, but you want a refund for job posting fees. That is completely different.

For what it's worth, I have posted over 120 jobs and have never paid any job posting fees. So it is definitely possible to NOT PAY those fees. You may need to adjust the buttons or options you click when posting a job.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths