🐈
» Forums » Clients » I can not refund milestone
Page options
adacb56f
Community Member

I can not refund milestone

I already soent around 3 days trying to find a solution for this, and no ones can help me. I create a project, hired someone, the designer couldn't achieve the deadline, so he cancelled the project himself. Now I have $200 USD stuck as a milestones. If I click on refund, appeared like I have 0$, if I asked for help, is the bot that just go around asking me the same information. 

This is the screenshot of the project I did. Is really so bad as a first experience in upwork. 

4 REPLIES 4
1953fa38
Community Member

You cannot directly initiate a refund for a released milestone on Upwork. However, there are two options depending on the situation:
* Client Requests Refund: If the client wishes for a refund, they can initiate a request within 30 days of releasing the milestone payment. You can then choose to accept or reject the request.
* Mutual Agreement: If you and the client come to a mutual agreement for a refund, the client can close the contract. This will prompt Upwork to request your confirmation on returning the funds.

sazzad0071
Community Member

Hope you will get solution.

khushbu_gohil
Community Member

You can message to mediator here and they will create ticket for you just click on their profile (their name is in green label so you can easily find them from any post) 

If designer didn't submitted any work you can get your refund and if something else then mediator will solve issue by asking your view and freelancers view.

khushbu_gohil
Community Member

https://community.upwork.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/6024103

He is mediator you can message him directly by clicking on send message on top of profile 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths