🐈
» Forums » Clients » I need to expose this guy
Page options
61a3f55a
Community Member

I need to expose this guy

I recognized this**Edited for community guidelines**  is sharing his account with other person. Is it legal for upwork?

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Viacheslav,

Thanks for reporting this. I'll escalate your report to the correct team for their review.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I recognized this is sharing his account with other person. Is it legal for Upwork?"

It is a serious violation of Upwork ToS for any Upwork user to share his account with somebody else.

If you encounter something like that, I recommend that you go to the freelancer's profile page, click on the "Three Dots" icon, and use the "Flag as inappropriate" option to report the freelancer.

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 9.20.36 AM.png

Select the appropriate option, and write a very brief note explaining what you the problem is.

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 9.21.07 AM.png

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Viacheslav,

Thanks for reporting this. I'll escalate your report to the correct team for their review.

~ Bojan
Upwork
61a3f55a
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I'm still seeing this guy's profile is alive... What do you think?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Viacheslav,

I've passed your report on to the team. Please know that we will not be able to come back here with an update of the results of the investigation as it goes against our Privacy Policy.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Viacheslav A wrote:

I'm still seeing this guy's profile is alive... What do you think?

It takes a while to investigate.

Upwork don't just kill off profiles on the basis of an anonymous accusation. What is your own involvement in this matter?

61a3f55a
Community Member

It's from one of my friend.

petra_r
Community Member

Viacheslav A wrote:

It's from one of my friend.

What, you are reporting your friend for account sharing?

61a3f55a
Community Member

Reporting is illegal here?

petra_r
Community Member

Viacheslav A wrote:

Reporting is illegal here?

Absolutely not, just wondering about the full story here....

Most people wouldn't report their "friend" via a post on a public Internet forum.... So there is clearly more to it than that.

You say "friend."

But I think you mean the other thing.

Well, I knew him from LinkedIn one month ago, and he also suggested me to share the upwork profile, and he explained me how to work and about his co workers to make me understood.

Shouldn't I call him a 'friend'? LOL, I don't have much phrase.

I don't really know but there should be more to this story. I know its not good to keep camp with bad but this story seems a bit short and seems like " my friend did not give me something I asked for so I need to deal with him" 

But anyway let the moderators do the investigation.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths