🐈
» Forums » Clients » I want to receive a refund.
Page options
0be617e6
Community Member

I want to receive a refund.

I'm in a situation, I hired a developer to do a job for me. He was supposed to create a contact page for me, which he worked on. But we constantly had problems with, whether it was if the contact page was responsive or getting in contact with him at all. We then got to a point we were almost done, but there a few things needed to be fixed in order to make the contact page useable, But he couldn't get a response from him, its been 7 days since then, and I've sent 4 messages he hasn't responded to, the thing is I cut him some slack by letting him know I'll design the remaining pages of the contact, as long as he gets it functioning properly and let me know how I can add these functions to the designs I create. He couldn't even respond to that. So I want to issue a refund, It was a fixed price of $70, and he was never paid as he never completed the job, how do I get a refund from this?

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

@Brittany I wrote:

how do I get a refund from this?

Release the portion of the funds that correspond to the work completed (go to "pay" andthen edit the amount) and then close the contract asking choosing the option to receive the portion of the funds remaining in Escrow back.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Brittany,

If communicating with the freelancer and trying to resolve this issue with them directly doesn't yield any results, you can go ahead and close the contract. When you close the contract, you'll have an option to request for the funds in Escrow to be refunded to you. The freelancer will have a chance to dispute the request or accept it. Check out this help article for more information.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths