🐈
» Forums » Clients » Introduce rewards and badges for clients to g...
Page options
jeremyjensen
Community Member

Introduce rewards and badges for clients to grant to freelancers

I believe UpWork should contemplate implementing a reward/badge system for clients and freelancers alike to earn, award, and trade.

For clients:

• Clients are issued a free Gold, Silver, and Bronze award to give away to freelancers who do great work. 
  • Clients can purchase and earn additional Gold, Silver, and Bronze awards by having successful contract outcomes.
  • Clients can purchase, award, and receive "Fellowships Badges." 

For freelancers:

• Freelancers are issued 1 random "Fellowship Badges" each month to award a client or another freelancer.
    • Support Badge
    • Able Advice Badge
    • Smarty Pants Badge
    • Reliable Badge
    • Empathy Badge
    • Professionalism Badge
    • Diversity Badge 
    • Creativity Badge
    • Teamwork Badge
    • UpWork Badge
  • Freelancers can also purchase the badges, earn them from clients or other freelancers. 
  • Freelancers are allowed to display badges or awards on their profiles only if a client awarded it.

What badges and awards will do

• Badges earned multiple times will display a numerical indicator of the number of awards and badges they earned next to each one displayed. 
  • Badges will function as a form of UpWork "Fellowship" currency intended to improve collaboration among freelancers and clients and produce better project outcomes.
  • Freelancers and clients will be able to trade badges and awards, and the value of a badge may vary based on its level of prestige and rareness.
  • UpWork can make a ton of money from the monetization of badges and awards. Pay me for my idea! (Just kidding)

Thoughts? Feedback? Hate? Leave your comments. 

5 REPLIES 5
LuiggiR

Hi Jeremy,

We appreciate your feedback and I'll make sure to share it with the team.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Jeremy J wrote:

Thoughts? Feedback? Hate? Leave your comments. 

No thanks. No more gimmicks.

I'll stick to what you might want to call "the money badge".

I do the work, the client pays.

The end.

Jeremy J wrote:
  • UpWork can make a ton of money from the monetization of badges and awards.

I doubt it and if a client wanted to show appreciation, I'd rather they send *ME* a bonus than pay Upwork for some badge. 

No, I don't like the idea. There are already enough badges and scores and stars on Upwork; more would look silly and confusing. And badges should be earned, not purchased.
jr-translation
Community Member

You might have earned the "Creativity Badge" but I already regret the time spend even trying to process your suggestion.

lysis10
Community Member

lol at thinking clients care at all about any of this. jesus this isn't a video game 🙄🙄🙄

Latest Articles
Learning Paths