🐈
» Forums » Clients » Joint financials for my Client and Agency/Fre...
Page options
uphillmedia
Community Member

Joint financials for my Client and Agency/Freelancer accounts

We are both an Agency and a Client on Upwork. Years ago on Elance I was able to use the earnings made as a freelancer to hire people on the platform, but not anymore.

And this is not all: although I can withdraw earnings to either my Payoneer debit card or PayPal, I can't use these same payment methods to buy services on Upwork. 

So my questions are these:

1) Why can't I use my earnings to hire other people on the platform? 

2) Why is the Payoneer debit card good for withdrawing money but not good for loading money?

3) Why is payment via PayPal unavailable for Romanian clients? It can be added as a payment method and works just fine for clients in other countries.

We would definitely bring more business to Upwork if you'd have these issues addressed.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Daniel

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

Clients can not use the amount earned to pay his hired freelancers because your freelancer and client accounts are different accounts. We can not transfer the funds earned as a freelancer to your client account. You will need to withdraw the funds and fund your payment method.

Unfortunately, Payoneer cards, other pre-paid and gift cards can't be used as a billing method on Upwork for security reasons.

Please note that Paypal is not an available billing method for all users, this varies based on your location. You'll be able to select from an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths