🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to report a freelancer
Page options
bfbf7ba9
Community Member

How to report a freelancer

After speaking to many freelancers, I chose one freelancer and closed the job posting. A freelancer that i did not hire, decided to go on a rant and then told me to **edited for Community Guidelines**. He used many profanity against me. I have text message proof. 

I would like to report him but who do i speak with or contact to report him?

4 REPLIES 4
michael_skaggs
Community Member

If it was in Upwork Messages, you can click the little gear icon on the right-hand side of the offending message(s) and click "Report Message"

I did that michael but i have not received a response. I have specific Text Messages as proof as well which i would like to attach to the complaint but i dont know who to reach out to.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry about your experience with this freelancer, Akshay.

Our team will reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

They don't normally respond right away. But rest assured that if report the offending message, then what was said will be seen in your report and they will take appropriate action. Whether they contact you about it or not, I honestly can't say. But they do take a dim view of threats and unprofessional behavior.

It could be a day or so if they do respond, but if/when they do, they may very well ask you for more information, which would be the best time to send over anything else you have.

In the meantime, I would definitely recommend blocking that freelancer if you haven't done so already.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths