🐈
» Forums » Clients » New Client here with question about managing ...
Page options
62f4f515
Community Member

New Client here with question about managing hourly payment, thanks

Hi, first time hiring here and I am a bit confused about the payment. I hired on an hourly rate for a short job, the job is done, and Upwork will pay them automatically at the end of the week right? So my question is, should I click "End Contract" now, or after they get paid... Thanks for your help

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Matthew,

When you're hiring freelancers on hourly contracts you will be billed every Monday for the hours your freelancers have worked in the previous week. 
If the work was completed you can close your contract right now or next week after you've been billed. Even if you close your contract now, the billing will not be affected and you will still be charged on Monday for the hours tracked in the previous week. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
62f4f515
Community Member

thanks Goran, that's clear. Don't I have to approve their hours somewhere first? - Matt

Hi Matthew,

That's right! You don't need to manually verify the work your freelancer completed, you can only file a dispute during the review period. If no action is taken on your end, the freelancer will be paid automatically using your primary billing method.

~Andrea
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "So my question is, should I click 'End Contract' now, or after they get paid"

Click "End contract" immediately after the work is done and you have received the files.

This helps the freelancer understand that their job is done, and you don't need anything else from them. They get their feedback, which is something they want to see. And there is no chance for you to be charged for additional work.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths