🐈
» Forums » Clients » New Job or Milestone
Page options
78fe7f2f
Community Member

New Job or Milestone

I'm wondering what the best way to handle my job is...I'd like a long term arrangement with freelancer to assist in providing construction material takeoffs. I've been trying to figuer out if each project should have it's own job posting, or if they should be set up like milestones. The one issue i found this am, is that milestones can't be edited (which is a joke), and due to a deadline change, I need to make a new project a priority.

Thoughts?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jr-translation
Community Member

Matthew C wrote:

I'm wondering what the best way to handle my job is...I'd like a long term arrangement with freelancer to assist in providing construction material takeoffs. I've been trying to figuer out if each project should have it's own job posting, or if they should be set up like milestones. The one issue i found this am, is that milestones can't be edited (which is a joke), and due to a deadline change, I need to make a new project a priority.

Thoughts?

I think most freelancers would prefer seperat contracts because that would lead to more feedback. You can also name the contracts in a way it is easier for you to follow up on them.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jr-translation
Community Member

Matthew C wrote:

Thoughts?

I think most freelancers would prefer seperat contracts because that would lead to more feedback. You can also name the contracts in a way it is easier for you to follow up on them.

Hi Jen,

So in this instance...I have different locations/addresses for each project, and was using that for the title of my milestones. Would you simply title the project that way instead of the more general "I need an estimator" post, or is there a more specific location for a contract title?

Matt

Matthew C wrote:

Hi Jen,

So in this instance...I have different locations/addresses for each project, and was using that for the title of my milestones. Would you simply title the project that way instead of the more general "I need an estimator" post, or is there a more specific location for a contract title?

Matt

If you have a project number, you can just use that. It helps sometimes with the bookkeeping. In case you use several freelancers start with the name and then your project number/name. I think you can just create a new contract if you have a freelancer at hand. That is a question for someone from CS or another client since I am just here as a freelancer.

Matthew, taking your query a step further -

1. Try out a few freelancers using fixed price.

2. Once you have found the one you are most comfortable working with - i.e., one who is prompt, good, takes any corrections like a professional, and both of you work well together - then start one new contract as an hourly job.  This saves everyone the headache of having to create new jobs and - equally important - keeps everything in one workroom.

3. Hourly jobs require freelancers to indicate what they are doing (with and without WorkView) so you will always have a full record of what to bill to which client/job

4. As far as feedback to freelancer profile is concerned > an ongoing job that consistently adds dollars serves as feedback. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths