🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Not sure how upwork survives
Page options
024d929b
Community Member

Not sure how upwork survives

I have had a very hard time being my first time hiring someone from here to do work. To be honest it was a horrible experience. The PHP Dev was kind etc. It is just that i hired you guys to get rid of errors but yet i ended up with more issues then what i started with. Not sure how you guys manage to survive if this is the norm.

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

I am very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience while using Upwork.

As a client, I have hired over 180 freelancers on Upwork.

One of the keys to my success as a client is that I understand that not every hire will work out.

My goal is to accomplish specific goals through Upwork.

My goal is not to maintain a "100% batting average", because that is impossible.

You indicated that Upwork failed to correct errors in your PHP source code.

But fixing errors in PHP source code is not a service that Upwork provides.

Upwork allows clients to find, hire and pay freelancers.

What actually happened is that a freelancer you hired failed to live up to your expectations. It was a specific freelancer (and not Upwork or an Upwork employee) who failed to fix errors in your source code.

As a client, I hired multiple freelancers to fix errors in the PHP source code. I monitored their work closely. The ones who provided great value to me and were successful in small tasks are the ones I gave additional assignments to. The ones who underperformed or did not demonstrate great value are the ones who I quickly fired.

yofazza
Community Member

I'm sorry because you come here after being scammed, but just like freelancers who are adviced to spend time to read about client scams before starting to browse for jobs, I think you should also spend some time reading here in this forum to get  some knowledge about scammy freelancers.

bobafett999
Community Member

Remember you hired them based on whatever criteria.   Your selection process didn't work.  Don't blame upwork.  That would be like blaming a hammer for not driving a screw!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths