🐈
» Forums » Clients » Problem with a freelancer
Page options
bd45bce1
Community Member

Problem with a freelancer

Hi everyone ,

I’ve recently hired a freelancer to make changes to my app and paid this particular freelancer in “milestones” which she has completed but they have not been sent to update my app live. She stated this would be taken care of on both of my platforms (Ios and Android ) however at this point she has been non existent , not answering my messages when i ask for any kind of update. So at this point i’m not sure where to turn or what to do . She’s been paid on two of the 3 milestones and this is taking way to long . My app is dying because of her negligence and being non communicative to me . I’ve done my part and paid this person only to have them vanish on me. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated on what to do from this point on .

Thank you guys and gals in advance !

Ryan
2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated on what to do from this point on."

You are clearly not pleased with how things have been going.

As a client, you can stop working with a freelancer at any time. For any reason.

I strongly advise you to stop working with this freelancer and continue only working the freelancers on your team who provide you with the best value and the best results.

If this is the only freelancer you hired to work on this, then stop working with her. Hire other people.

It is never Upwork's intention that you hire a freelancer to work on a milestone, and then release the milestone payment to that freelancer without obtaining the work and verifying the results.

Upwork wants clients to set up a milestone, and then the freelancer PROVIDES THE FILES for that milestone to the client. The client checks the work and makes sure that it does what she needs. And only then should the client release the milestone payment.

I advise you to use ONLY HOURLY CONTRACTS, or use fixed-price contracts properly. If you are going to use a fixed-price contract, then an example of how you would do so is this:

- Set up a fixed-price contract for a developer to make a modification to the iOS version of your app: The app displays the current time and date at the top of the screen.

- The freelancer provides the updated source code.

- The freelancer updates the app.

- You check the app to make sure this change is in place.

- THEN you release payment for this milestone.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this freelancer. Our team will reach out to you directly to assist you with getting in touch with the freelancer and advise on further steps.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths