🐈
» Forums » Clients » Proposals lists are messy
Page options
bb226250
Community Member

Proposals lists are messy

Hello! After posting my job I've been trying almost for 2 hours already to choose a right person, but faced a real challenge with reviewing the proposals. These lists are crazy - I cannot concentrate because freelancers are jumping, changing places every 2 minutes and it's getting quite difficult to make a choise. Is it a temporar bug of the Upwork or is it actually normal? I liked one guy, but after I'd refreshed the page he was gone. Totally gone. After about 3 times refreshing I could find him again, but this mistery is very, very messy.

4 REPLIES 4
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Lion,

The proposals shouldn't be moving around on their own, however if you archive a proposal or shortlist one, they will move into those corresponding tabs. You can always still click on All Proposals tab under the Review Proposals section to see all of the freelancers who have sent proposals. You may also want to try 'shortlisting' some freelancers who you are interested in, which will keep all your prospects in one easily accessible place.

~Nina

Nina, they do move. Right now after refreshing the page I've lost 3 candidates. They didn't just move way down or smth, they disappeared. I like your platform for the wide range of opportunitues and there are a lot of skillful developers, but the system doesn't work well when it's time to shortlist. How can I shortlist all of the freelancers I like if with each update couple of them disappear from lists, and when with another refresh they return, another couple disappear then?

The ones who disappear may be withdrawing their proposals. I've done that a few times.

@Lion E wrote:

Nina, they do move. Right now after refreshing the page I've lost 3 candidates. They didn't just move way down or smth, they disappeared.

The only circumstance when freelancers would disappear from the list of applicants is if they withdrew their proposal. When you shortlist one specific proposal, it's just moved into the shortlisted folder and is not a part of the main list anymore.

When new proposals arrive, they are added at the end of the list, unless Upwork magical algorithm thinks they're a Best Match, in which case they are added on the top of the list.

Otherwise, the list shouldn't reshuffle nor proposals should disappear. Maybe there was an outage at Upwork's end when you were connected, I don't know.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Latest Articles
Learning Paths