🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Reporting a Scammer
Page options
danielbrantley
Community Member

Reporting a Scammer

I posted a job looking for an illustrator. Of the applicants, two submitted the same image as part of their portfolios. Since only one person can claim to have drawn a particular illustration, one or both of them is obviously a scammer. I tried finding a way to quickly report this, but couldn't find one. Is there an easy way to do this?  Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
colettelewis
Community Member

You will probably have to draw Upwork's attention to both of them and let them decide.  On their profiles, you can click on the three dots in a circle and then "Flag as inappropriate".  You could probably give one of them the benefit of the doubt by checking their ratings and which one has been on Upwork longest. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
colettelewis
Community Member

You will probably have to draw Upwork's attention to both of them and let them decide.  On their profiles, you can click on the three dots in a circle and then "Flag as inappropriate".  You could probably give one of them the benefit of the doubt by checking their ratings and which one has been on Upwork longest. 

danielbrantley
Community Member

Thanks! I'll flag them. And it's then up to them to figure out what the problem is? I'm sure they can do it. Thanks again

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Unfortunately, there's no point in reporting them - Upwork requires the person who created the design to report it themselves, and that rarely happens. It's possible that both freelancers stole the design from a stock website. When looking for an illustrator or designer, I suggest right-clicking on a few of their portfolio images to do a Google image search, because that's the only way to know whether someone is a scammer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths