🐈
» Forums » Clients » So I posted a job ....this happened.
Page options
Boris R Community Member

So I posted a job ....this happened.

So I'm pretty scared of what has become of Upwork.

I created a job and 5-6 proposals from the same guy.....
Another job I get 40 proposals in 10 min. Flooded with unqalified freshly created profiles. 

Another one with AI generated image of a fake person.

AI generated proposals letters. it's clear they just batch them out in huge quantaties like a factory.

Where is this going Upwork? How far will this go?

Am I going crazy or is this happening to anyone else?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

A few posts and replies to them have been removed from this thread as they violated our Community Guidelines. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and be respectful toward other users when posting.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
David S Community Member

Impressive profile, Boris. Well done.

When posting a job, are you able to specify what you're looking for in responding freelancers - i.e., only a certain rating, minimum earnings, etc. - or, does the platform just make you post the project and suffer through whatever comes in?

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

A few posts and replies to them have been removed from this thread as they violated our Community Guidelines. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and be respectful toward other users when posting.

~Andrea
Edie U Community Member

As a Freelancer - I am getting scam interviews CONSTANTLY. Also, so many jobs I apply to, end up being scams. It is sad. 

Kim W Community Member

Upwork has changed.  Upwork is now a public company and has to put its shareholders first.  Its financial performance is being measured quarterly so the pressure is high to show higher revenue, better margins, and improved profitability.  Selling connects for job applications, current status, and profile boosts, are ways towards trying to improve their financial performance in the eyes of their investors.  The continually increasing number of freelancers on the platform is just one KPI investors focus on.  Unfortunately, with these changes, many freelancers, including myself,  are suffering the consequences.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths