🐈
» Forums » Clients » UpWork's completed W9 form
Page options
f7ef1d2f
Community Member

UpWork's completed W9 form

Hello! Our company's finance team needs me to provide UpWork's W9 form before I can proceed paying any freelancers through UpWork. I wasn't able to find the completed W9 form anywhere. Can you please attach or provide UpWork's W9 form to me? 

Thanks! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Dawn,

Please note that Upwork is an online marketplace where clients directly engage and pay freelancers to perform services. Clients do not pay the freelancer service fees to Upwork. Instead, Upwork's affiliate, Upwork Escrow Inc., acts as an escrow agent and passes funds from the client to the freelancer. In general, since the service fees are paid to your freelancer through the escrow service, we do not believe a W-9 is necessary.

If you have any further questions about your Upwork account, please contact our support team by:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

165 REPLIES 165
02b26684
Community Member

Hello, 

Can I please get a completed W-9 from Upwork so that I can add Upwork as a Vendor with our finance system? I have seen other requests for this, I look forward to receiving the form back from you. 

Thanks, 

Jeanette

Hi Jeanette,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2fe822ea
Community Member

I looked extensively through this thread as my company also needed a W-9 from Upwork - not necessarily the freelancer. On one post I found the information in this link: https://investors.upwork.com/sec-filings/sec-filing/10-k/0001627475-21-000015

You can see their tax ID number and current address of operations. Upwork seems very secretive about their W9 for some reason. 

erbis
Community Member

Hi,
May we ask you to provide a W-9 form?
Thank you.

ffa1a23c
Community Member

I paid Upwork for a few off admin jobs- I now need to send a 1099 to Upwork. How can I get a W-9 from upwork?

Thanks

Hi Chevy Chawe Remode,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths