🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Upwork As Business
Page options
drogodeneris
Community Member

Upwork As Business

Hi to fellow community.

We have upwork profile as freelancers and client for almost 3 years.

This month we decided to bring people that work in our company on upwork, as way of boosting their profile, and making payments for our company easier. Its 4 of them.

We invited them on paltofrm on beginning of this month, we paid them on September 4th.

They go through notorius verification process, over 50 times we had submited verification and God know what. 

All that time, money is at the escrow of Upwork, not moving anywhere.

Now we get to fun part, even we went through all that nightmare..... We had 3 freelancers verified and confirmed all informations...... We as client.... but wait for it......

None of them can get paid, or actually withdraw their money till 4th finnish his procedure.

So pretty much what that mean, if 4th get sick or just disapear or what not, we would have 3 people waiting for money till the end of world.

This would be last time this happen to us, as we are ashemaed of our contractors. We as company pretty much had to prove that we are not scamers.

Its disrespectfull in so many ways, that its not even funny.

If global brand, that try to change way of how online work, cant verify profile in 30 seconds.... well then charge me 1% instead 20%-10%... till you figure it out.

As soon as this situation resolve, we as agency will close our account and move to places where we would be respected and threated as real business. 

10 REPLIES 10
AndreaG

Hi Nevena,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your freelancers' verification. I checked your account and it looks like you were able to contact one of our support agents today. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will reach out to you directly with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Its not issue of support, you guys do your job.

Its about discrimination of my money, and people that work on my projects.

Your support said and i am quoting "**Edited for Community Guidelines**".

Its awfull situation, and make you feel liek we are scamers.

Hi Nevena,

I understand your frustration with this and I`m sorry about any inconvenience this had caused you.
I would also like to confirm that trust and safety is our priority on Upwork. Based on various indicators freelancers may occasionally be asked to verify the information on their profiles again.

You have already completed your verification and you can continue with working on your contracts and submitting proposals on new jobs. Thank you for your feedback as well, I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

Trust and safety should be taken into consideration before you take someone else money, and promise to deliver to someone else.

Its not my fault nor fault of my contractors, that you guys cant figure out how to remove scamers from this platform.

And even waiting for 3 weeks is fine, just make sure we know all that before we send money.

I cant continue working, nor i would till my contractors get their money.

And after that i ll make sure my account is closed. 

It's disrespectful, completly arbitrage, and to be honest process that you need PHD to go through it. 

In today world, where payments are instant, you guys do 3 weeks to figure out who are 5 people.

Also censoring fact that you guys said that 3 Freelancers cant get their money, till 4th finnish verification speak for itself.

Transparency? This is not helpfull for someone else who might be in my position, and not able to cover cost of pending payments?

Just an quick update on how this work.

All money disappeared from Freelancers accounts, and they are again asked to verify who they are.

I just cant wait this to end so i can close this account.

Hi Nevena,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I checked and I see that our team is assisting you in your existing tickets. Please feel free to communicate directly on your ticket with our team, when everything is in one place we can be more efficient in assisting you.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Sure, just waiting my refund and closing account.

An update on this.

Upwork still doesnt allow me to close my account, becouse they say that i have open contracts. 

Of course this is not case. 

https://share.getcloudapp.com/04uOke16

Of course this mean that i rolled for another month of 50 usd agency fee. 

This is clearly forcing me to pay your ridicolus fee, even i want out.

Its almost 2 weeks since i requested to close account, yet Upwork still owe me 780 in refunds and force me to pay for something i want to close.

So community think twice again before choosing this platform.

Hi Nevena,

I followed up with the team handling your case and one of our agents already updated your support ticket.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths