🐈
» Forums » Clients » You cannot join this team until the client ad...
Page options
Rob W Community Member

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client do

Hi

I get the error "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so." when trying to hire a freelancer. I already have my address on file and on file with my payment credit card.

What's happening?

How do I fix it?

Thanks,

Rob

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
David S Community Member

For those looking for the solution off of Google:

Under Settings > My Info > Company Contacts Address is the part that the client needs to fill out.

In my case, the client had said they filled out their address, but they had filled out the tax form address.

View solution in original post

237 REPLIES 237
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Rob, 

We apologise for the delay in our reply. Usually, this error shows up when a client still hasn't completed their company information on their account settings.

It looks like you were able to make an offer to a freelancer early today. If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know!

~ Avery
Omar H Community Member

Hi,

I'm getting the same exact error when trying to hire a consultant for a legal consultation (Jimmy V. is the freelancer). I asked him to check, and he confirmed he has his address in his upwork profile. 

Please help urgently resolving this issue.

Thanks!

Omar

Valeria K Community Member

Omar,

It looks like a chat agent assisted you earlier today and the issue was resolved. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Ed O Community Member

Hi,

I am having the same issuies, I keep getting:

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.

Can you help?

Ed

Vladimir G Community Manager

Hi Ed,

It appears you're already communicating with our agent and they will be able to guide you through the process of updating your account details. Let us know if you have any questions.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Joey F Community Member

It's great that you guys are able to quickly help folks via private channels, but for those of us coming here from Google for an answer, seeing that relevant info is in inaccessible areas is a little frustrating.

Lou P Community Member

I keep getting an error when trying to hire a freelancer. You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.

How do I fix this if the freelancer has already added an address and is verified?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Lou,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents already followed up with you on your support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Mary Joy F Community Member

Hi Nicola,

I am having trouble when accepting an offer from a client. It says I am unable to join the team until the client adds a complete address. I told the client about this and he said hes done everything on this part. What should I do? The offer will expire on April 3. This needs to be resolved as soon as possible. Thank you so much

Adnan K Community Member

I have the same issue not able accept the offer by the client

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Adnan,

Please refer your client to go to Settings > My Info > and to fill out their address. Once this is done, you should be able to accept their offer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Mary Joy F Community Member

Hi Goran,

I am having trouble when accepting an offer from a client. It says I am unable to join the team until the client adds a complete address. I told the client about this and he said hes done everything on this part. What should I do? The offer will expire on April 3. This needs to be resolved as soon as possible. Thank you so much

David S Community Member

Thank you! This is the answer folks. The client had said they filled out their address, but they had filled out the tax form address. Under Settings > My Info > Company Contacts Address is the part that the client needs to fill out.

Michelle E Community Member

Got the same problem too with an offer. I told the client to fix it on their end. The client tried to coordinate with Upwork's support. And support says he/she sees nothing wrong with the client's account and suggested for the freelancer to try another browser and if it will not solve it, the freelancer should coordinate with upwork support directly. Already sent a request for this. Hope to get this case be resolved as the client already gave a tight timeframe for the accomplishment of the project. Thanks

Dylan S Community Member

Good Day,

I am having exactly the same issues.

Can you someone assist me in this matter? It is saying i have to complete the address also.

Regards,

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Dylan, 

Please go to your Settings and complete all the necessary fields in the client information page to complete your client profile.

~ Avery
Chethan H Community Member

I am getting the same error.  Even after filling the address information, I still see this issue.

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Chethan,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Chethan H Community Member

Clearing brower cache and cookies helped.  Thanks!

Oliver G Community Member

I experienced exactly the same thing  could you kindly take a look? thanks

Pradeep H Moderator

Hello Oliver, 

I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Umme A Community Member

My client sent me an offer. But when I am trying to accept the offer, it says “ You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address.” my client tried several times but still the same. He also tried clearing cache and cookies. Please help.
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Umme,

I checked your account and I can see that you were able to accept one offer recently. If you're still experiencing any problems on your end, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Md Ahad A Community Member

I am having the same issues.

Can someone assist me in this matter?20211112_202139.jpg

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths