Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork

Community Guru
Eric B Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
11 of 18

@Avery O wrote:

Hi Eric, 
I checked your account and do not see the notification in question. Do you have a screen grab of the issue you are referring to? Please share it on your next reply, making sure to black-out any private information so that I can look into this further.

Hi, Avery

Thank you for trying to help. It's weird because it's not the first time I give a job to a freelancer and that's the first time I see this but I must have been tired because beyond the credit card, there is the paypal options (That I hadn't seen)

Now, when I use the paypal option (and I have enough money in it), it asks me to create a new card in it. is that normal if I have enough money in it? basically, I'd like to use that money which is on paypal. 

Thank you!

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
12 of 18

Hi Eric,

I have shared your report with our team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your billing method issue. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Lorenzo P Member Since: May 9, 2019
13 of 18
Dears,

I am facing the same problem. First I did a payment then I withdrawn it because I did a mistake and after that I reissued it. This last step was not working, I received the message:

“You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.”

Can you please provide support?
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
14 of 18

Hi Lorenzo, 

I checked your account and can see that your billing method was declined. As the primary payment method on your Paypal account was declined. You may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a billing method on Upwork.

-Avery
Untitled
Lorenzo P Member Since: May 9, 2019
15 of 18
Hi,

thank you for your kind reply.
The first Payment was issued properly, money has been withdrawn. Infact I am currently waiting the PayPal refund.
Instead the second payment, with the same PayPal account and the same card, has been rejected.
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
16 of 18

Hi Lorenzo,

One of our team members just reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your billing method. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

Untitled
Olena K Member Since: Jan 15, 2020
17 of 18

Same problem :c

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
18 of 18

Hi Olena,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS