🐈
» Forums » Clients » ' You dont have a valid billing method on fil...
Page options
fba1a79b
Community Member

' You dont have a valid billing method on file with upwork'

I am getting this message all the time when i try to Hire a Freelancer

.'You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.'

I am new in upwork any chance to fix this for me . Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Petros,

In order to be able to hire a freelnacer you will need to add a billing method by going to Settings > Billing Methods. Check out our guide for more details abot our accepted Billing Methods. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

129 REPLIES 129
ef741fa8
Community Member

Hello! All my Contact info is filled up, and a debit card is entered and checked by 0$ payment, but I have the same issue "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer"

Could you please help? I need to hire a freelancer asap! Thank you!

Hi Elena,

Thank you for your message. Could you please contact your card issuing bank to check if you have international transactions and limit enabled on your card? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

After many visits to the bank I was told that only credit card will work for Upwork...

Hi Elena,

Thank you for your follow-up message. You can try adding a credit card that has international transactions enabled on it. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ef741fa8
Community Member

And I have enough funds on the card for sure.

f8844675
Community Member

I was denied funding for any amount to a milestone. "You do not have a valid billing method on file with Upwork," it says. This is very strange given that I have enough money on the card and have previously paid successfully.

Hi Sagar,

It looks like you chatted with our team and they were able to help! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
fde38079
Community Member

It is frustrating to see how many people r struggling to pay (am also having same problem) Why upwork don't solve this issue don't have valid billing method , since they r so restricted with their terms can't talk outside all tht, please help

Hi Brand,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Have you tried contacting your card issuing bank to check if you have international transactions and limit enabled on your card? Let me know if you still need further assistance, I'm here to help. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
fde38079
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Yes it's enabled recently, bt still having the same issue

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for your message. Could you please confirm if you have already tried removing and adding your card details after enabling the international transactions on your card? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep

i have done it already, not worked

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rajiv, 

It looks like your billing methods were declined. For your Paypal account, you will need to add a new payment method on your Paypal Wallet to try the transaction again. As for your card, kindly check with the card-issuing bank why the transaction was declined. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ba05892c
Community Member

I've already set my billing,phone number and address on the billing page but I still have problem paying my workers they've been complaining already . Please I need an assistant 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Meshack,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
95e20b5a
Community Member

It happened to me as well.  What can I do to fix this?

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Have you tried contacting your card issuing bank to check if you have international transactions and limit enabled on your card? Please let us know if you still need further assistance after doing so, we'll be here to help.

~ AJ
Upwork
c711bedd
Community Member

hello, same issue here (You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.) i did everything in top but nothing worked, also i used my visa before and no it didnt work??? plz help

bododev4x
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I've updated payment details, and made sure the address and everything is accurate but I'm not able to Hire

Hi Bodo,

I have checked and you were able to add a billing method to your account and made an offer. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bododev4x
Community Member

Thank you Arjay, I checked this morning and the payment method was added and I've been able to hier someone, thank you. 

9541edf0
Community Member

Hello,

I am having the same issue. I have tried everything to make this work. cleared cache and still getting the same error. I have a freelancer waiting for me to start work. Upwork needs to do something about this because it seems like it is affecting many people. I need this resovled asap please.

Hi Mohammed,

I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and please expect an update through this support ticket shortly. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
nasimi-shokrolla
Community Member

I have the same problem too.
I have money in my freelancer account and I don't understand why I cannot use that money to pay another freelancer.
But the main problem is that I cannot pay using my visa card which previously I have used two times to pay other freelancers on Upwork.
On my client profile, it says that my payment method is verified, but it doesn't accept the same card now.
Gives me the same error as the others mentioned

Thanks.

Hi Shokrollah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Understood
thanks for checking

46dcdfe4
Community Member

Anytime I create an offer there's an error 

"You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer."
I've also filled in all the details i.e: location, address, and phone number but still facing the same issue. Kindly help me out with that.

Hi Sohail,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
46dcdfe4
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue,

You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork
Even though I've filled in the location and phone number details but still facing the same issue. Kindly help me out with it. 
973578e2
Community Member

I have the same problem now. I filled out all the fields in my profile and have already paid for freelance services with this card. The bank is fine.

Hi Maksym,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
5d38d794
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I am having the same problem and I'm in urgent need of hiring a freelance which I can't do because of the error 'You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.' 

I have tried and checked everything -

1. Cleared cache and tried different browsers

2. I have more than enough funds in my bank account for the hire

3. I have international transactions enabled with the highest limit (I currently live in Melbourne, Aus and using Commbank) I have internationally transferred money literally last month without any issue.

5. Upwork says my billing method has been added successfully (Tried removing and re-adding my card, still didn't work)

6. Lastly, added my Paypal account successfully according to Upwork, tried to pay through Paypal and still had the same error.

Also, I just want to sadly say how pathetic this situation is and how awfully incompetent Upwork support team is. This issue has been raised in 2019 and it is still ongoing affecting so many clients and freelancers for almost 3 years now. This is unbelievable that the dev team of Upwork is not capable of fixing such a crucial issue where the platform is used so extensively by so many users.

Absolute shame but still any kind soul willing to help me out? (Even though I feel like a support agent will tell me the same workaround that they've been telling the other users showing no light at the end of the tunnel like a robot)

Cheers 

Tanzim

Hi Tanzim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue.  I reached out to the team assigned to your ticket and they will reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

I had the exact same problem this week with multiple credit cards and found my solution to be creating and using a PayPal account.  I would suggest continuing to try the PayPal method.  I hope this helps.

de90b85f
Community Member

Hello Upwork

I need Hire Freelancer ASAP.

I have tried doing both things 1. Added contact details 2. Cleared cathe. But not getting the problem solved. And still getting the error " You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork' Please help me to solve this issue.

Thank you

Hi Wasiq,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and it looks like you were able to fund the latest project. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork

I don't Understood What are Saying?

Hi Wasiq,

I'm sorry, let me rephrase. I checked your account and can see that you were able to hire a freelancer already and have funded the project. The payment was successful earlier. May I know if you still need assistance with anything? Please let us know and we'll be more than happy to help.

~ AJ
Upwork
321083a4
Community Member

I have the same issue for both card & paypal. It says "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer."

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Siddharth,

I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page. Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths