🐈
» Forums » Clients » ' You dont have a valid billing method on fil...
Page options
fba1a79b
Community Member

' You dont have a valid billing method on file with upwork'

I am getting this message all the time when i try to Hire a Freelancer

.'You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.'

I am new in upwork any chance to fix this for me . Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Petros,

In order to be able to hire a freelnacer you will need to add a billing method by going to Settings > Billing Methods. Check out our guide for more details abot our accepted Billing Methods. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

129 REPLIES 129
321083a4
Community Member

No help from that ticket. Just 1 message and over.

I have other issues, but no response.

I have the same issue. How to resolve this?

Hi Siddharth,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your support ticket. Kindly allow us another 24-48 hours to get back to you. Thank you for your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
0c817166
Community Member

Hi Goran: 
I have the same issue. I have tried to hire through Visa Debit card but its doesn't worked. I hope you can help. I can hire someone for my project.

Thanks

oladapo awoyinka

Hi Oladapo,

It looks like you were able to contact our phone support team and they were able to help you! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
09281bc6
Community Member

The problem is most likely from cvv2. That stuff wanted to mess with me 

d8a6e3f2
Community Member

Hello everyone, I get this msg when try to hire freelancer. "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer". I have added number and  billing address. but my visa card still showing inactive. I want to hire freelancer soon please give me quick solution if anyone knows. thank you 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
127505bf
Community Member

Failed to add payment of visa to hire a freelancer. It always showing that "We are unable to authorize your card" Checked the card is normal. How should I do now? Please help!!!

Hi Wang,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths