🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Your account has been limited. Please con...
Page options
f21098fc
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

Hello! I have recently create an account to look for work last week. After putting in my billing method, I have received 50 connects but all of a sudden I received an error stating that there was a financial hold. I did not receive any email and the support chat will not connect with anyone, it just keeps taking me to an article for community or academy. What should I do next?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Tashyra,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

224 REPLIES 224
5877df3b
Community Member

Hello, 

My issue is this: My financial transactions have been limited, and because of this so is my ability to utilize this platform as a freelancer. I have updated my billing preferences, I added two options successfully. I was hoping that this issue would be resolved after I did,  but it hasn't. I have done the chatbox, and looked through what it recommended. I haven't found an email from donotreply@upwork.com that explains further about this.

I am hoping for some help from the support team. Thank you, 

Chelsie 

Hi Chelsie,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
23f93b30
Community Member

I am getting the below error messages. 

We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold. Update it now.

Financial transactions for Daniel Ezekiel (51398785) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

The actions I can perform on my account are now very limited. I have updated my billing information with working details and I even added an extra billing method but it still doesn't work. I can't even purchase connects because of this. Is there anyone that can help? 

Hi Daniel,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you to assist you further in resolving your financial account concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
23f93b30
Community Member

Thank you very much. The issue has been resolved.
121ebf9e
Community Member

Hello, i got this error:
"Financial transactions for Bautista Ramos Mejia (100189472) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."
I already added a new billing method and nothing changes.

Hi Bautista,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will contact you soon on this page to assist you with resolving your financial account concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f13415a8
Community Member

How do I get my account resolved as my financial transaction has been limited. I have also added a new payment method.

The account is currently inactive as i cannot apply for jobs or edit my profile.

Hi Judith,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
867357fb
Community Member

Hello, I have a new credit card that was included as a means of payment but I can't get it accepted. At first I had problems due to an activation issue but it was already resolved, but even so, it is still not accepted. What is the problem?

Hi Mario,

I'm sorry to learn you are having trouble with this. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mobileappsintl
Community Member

I get the "Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support." when I log in, and the "Your account has been limited. Please contact customer support." afetr I updated my billing and attempted to select a plan. Prior to this I had received an email about account suspension if I didn't update my billing. How to resolve?

Hi Stuart,

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I also get this message when trying to buy connects. I am trying to start work on Upwork as a freelancer but the site makes it very difficult to do so. I received the following error message:

Your account has been limited. Please contact customer support.

Yet there's no real way to contact customer support. Please help me get my account up and running so that I can start working.

why is upwork making it difficult to contact the support directly ? I got the message below 

Financial transactions on your account have been limited due to a failed charge. To resume your account, please update your payment method and pay any outstanding balance.

since I know am not owing any outstanding balance ,I need to contact support to resolve this issues but no way to do that for over 2 months 

is anyone here to help please 

Thanks

Fatai

Hi Fatai,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, Same Situation here. Can you Help me?

Hi Reymar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I also have the same problem, it says "Financial transactions for your company have been limited"  and "Your account has been suspended" on my profile.

I already added billing and payment method, i also got link through my email from upwork support to verify my identity and upload some documents as required, and i already did. It's been 2 days but my account still got suspend. Please don't make it complicated and difficult for us.

Please help me get my account up and running. Thank you.

Hi Pan,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I can see that one of our team members has already reached you via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

I have received this error eventhough I have paid my oustanding balances. How can I resolve this?

"Financial transactions on your account have been limited due to a failed charge. To resume your account, please update your payment method and pay any outstanding balance."

and also my freelancer account profile is no longer available

Hi John,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for the quick response and fixing my account to it normal state. 

Kyle

Hi

Hello! I also got "Your account has been limited. Please contact customer support." after I update my billing since I got my first client. Also, "Action required: Verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork." is very hassle notification because I already verify my identity by sending valid ID and picture selfie yet upwork still don't accept it. With this, I can't use my available connects to apply for a project even if my connects are enought for the proposal. 

PLEASE HELP ME 🙂

Hi Franchelle,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and can confirm that your previous submission has been rejected. You can proceed with verification from the Settings page.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I have the same problem 
I cannot buy connects or submit proposals 

Hi Aya,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2c8ab616
Community Member

Waiting..

Thank you Mr. LuiggiR

Hi Everyone, I am getting my account has been limited, what do I do about this?

Hi Mayowa,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c1b1a9d8
Community Member

please my account has been suspended because of a declined card i think, i got the email to update the card which i have done and it has been accepted but upwork have not restored my account, i cant get hold of human support as am stock with a chat bot that is not helping. This seems to be a common problem here as i have seen and easily resolved. please help me out. thanks moderators

9746f0e8
Community Member

Hi, Upwork Team

I am experiencing the error: Financial transactions for Sanket Sonawane (71295038) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I am unable to submit an individual help ticket to request assistance.

I have not received an email - as described - indicating the issue; hence the posting here.

I have added a Billing Method as in the help article it's informed to add. But it doesn't look resolved.

Please help me here.

I appreciate your help!

Sanket

Hi Sanket,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
f88c8267
Community Member

I tried buying connect and my card was declined and my account suspended

I've updated my card and added another card as my primary card but my account is still suspended

Hi Kelvin,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0b8ccf7c
Community Member

Hello , how do I reach customer support when I get the message "Your financial account has been suspended. To proceed, please contact Customer Support"? I have already chat, and changed my payment method and i cant use my account! Pls I need support, my experience with this platform is being really bad!

Hello Jimena,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear about your experience contacting support. I will be happy to help. I shared your concern with our team, and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to provide you with the necessary assistance. You can access your ticket on this page.

~Ivy
Upwork
vinaelomina
Community Member

Hi, its saying that my my upwork financial account has been suspended. How do I solve this.

Hi Vina,

I am pleased to inform you that your financial account has already been restored. Feel free to message us if you need any other assistance. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths