🐈
» Forums » Clients » bad freelancer
Page options
b7d35da0
Community Member

bad freelancer

I hired a freelancer he demanded payment in advance, didn't deliver the work and deleted his profile, what to do now

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rekasesh
Community Member

If you have money in Escrow, close the contract and it will get refunded to you in a few days.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
spectralua
Community Member

Why you did it? Escrow alow you to confirm that you have money but pay only after job done.

I think only take lesson and never repeat such fault.

Large amount lost? Paid via Upwork or outside?

williamtcooper
Community Member

Dymes,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Contact Upwork Support above, however if the freelancer is truly gone it might be a lesson learned not to pay in advance.

JoanneP

Hi Dymes,

I'm sorry to hear about your contract. I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding your concern. Please allow some time for the team to review and update your ticket to assist you further. 

I also checked your account and saw that you have a fixed-price contract. For Fixed-price contracts, freelancers submit their work for payment. You'll be given the opportunity to review the work submitted. If you want to request the freelancer for revisions, you can choose not to release payment until the requested changes are completed. To learn more about Hourly and Fixed Price contracts, please check this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
b7d35da0
Community Member

the freelancer did not deliver the work and used a fake account , and deleted your profile ,what to do now I want my refund 

rekasesh
Community Member

If you have money in Escrow, close the contract and it will get refunded to you in a few days.

7bfa9b45
Community Member

Hey, sorry to hear about your freelancer situation.

Regards
Girish Bhasin
Latest Articles
Learning Paths