🐈
» Forums » Clients » job agreed to finish within 5 weeks and 8 mon...
Page options
8463b7c9
Community Member

job agreed to finish within 5 weeks and 8 months now and still not finished

i have a contract with a freelancer and the job was agreed to be done by January; still not done until now.

i payed him for 2 milestones in completed in app devlopment but he did not finish it yet.

and i want cancel the contract and get a refund for the 2 milestones; can I do that?

thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Layla,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If the payment was released from Escrow within the last 30 days you can request a refund from talent through Upwork and file a dispute if they refuse. You can still request a refund of released funds for up to 180 days after payment is released, but you will only be able to file a dispute for the first 30 days. After that, it is up to the freelancer to give you a refund. Go here to learn more about this process.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

It is not the freelancer's responsibility to ensure that the project is completed on time.

It is the project manager's responsibility. Until you understand this principle, you are unlikely to succeed as a client. And getting a refund for a milestone won't really matter.

Your project manager should hire multiple freelancers to work on this project and should assign tasks to those freelancers who provide the most value and finish assignments on time. If a freelancer does not measure up or deliver on time, then the project manager will fire them.

You could have had this project done within five weeks.

re: "i want cancel the contract and get a refund for the 2 milestones; can I do that?"

You can try:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062058-Get-an-Escrow-Refund

759e32fa

Hi Layla,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If the payment was released from Escrow within the last 30 days you can request a refund from talent through Upwork and file a dispute if they refuse. You can still request a refund of released funds for up to 180 days after payment is released, but you will only be able to file a dispute for the first 30 days. After that, it is up to the freelancer to give you a refund. Go here to learn more about this process.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths