cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Upgrade to Featured" after 2 invites - cant invite more

James D Member Since: Mar 6, 2019
31 of 54

Hi there,

I'm new to Upwork and am in the process of hiring 2 freelancers. In my search to hire more at $35.00 to $50.00 per job, Upwork system interrupted my search, and a pop up stated that I was at my 'daily limit', which I have no idea what this means.  What limit?

And the pop-up also wanted my credit card or Paypal info. I don't even see a price I'm being asked to pay/process on my credit card or Paypal.

I'm very confused. I don't know how to pay each of the 2 people I've hired either, once they've completed their job, in about a week's time.

Why can't I search for more freelancers and why do you want my credit card info, without giving me a price for what I'm paying?

Thank you for your assistance!

It's greatly appreciated.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
32 of 54

Hi James, 

You can invite up to 3 freelancers. Please check out this thread for more information about this feature. Regarding your concern with being prompted to add a billing method, before engaging a freelancer, you'll need to add a Billing Method to your account. Please check out this help article for the different billing method available. If you need further help, please let us know. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
33 of 54

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi James, 

You can invite up to 3 freelancers. Please check out this thread for more information about this feature. Regarding your concern with being prompted to add a billing method, before engaging a freelancer, you'll need to add a Billing Method to your account. Please check out this help article for the different billing method available. If you need further help, please let us know. 

But James said that his search function was restricted, not his invites. Is that new?

Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
34 of 54

Martina P wrote:

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi James, 

But James said that his search function was restricted, not his invites. Is that new?

I guess Upwork wants to prevent the client to waste time looking at profiles if he cannot invite additional freelancers since he has reached his limit. I am wondering though if he could start a search from scratch and create a new (invite only) job if he finds profiles he likes.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
35 of 54

Jennifer R wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi James, 

I guess Upwork wants to prevent the client to waste time looking at profiles if he cannot invite additional freelancers since he has reached his limit. I am wondering though if he could start a search from scratch and create a new (invite only) job if he finds profiles he likes.

Well if James was not mistaken and talking about invites instead of just searching, I have to put in my vote for worst new feature of 2019. Because it makes no sense and is abhorrent customer experience, IMO. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
36 of 54

Hi Martina and Jennifer,

Please refer to the response I posted below and to reiterate, search functionality is not limited after reaching the three-invite limit.

37 of 54
Thank you so much for your helpful reply! I appreciate it - regarding only
being able to invite 3 freelancers at a time.

Once I add my billing info, how can I know what I'm being billed for, as an
example - once the freelancer and I agree on a price - how does UpWork
become aware of this, and bill me accordingly?

Thank you.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
38 of 54

Hi James,

I wasn't able to replicate the interruption you mentioned and can confirm clients are able to continue adjusting search filters after reaching the three-invite limit. If a client further attempts to invite an additional freelancer, they would see a pop-up asking them to upgrade their job post or in your case, being a new client, ask you to add a billing method in order to access this option.

Note that you need to add a billing method before you can send an offer and hire freelancers you've communicated with (you haven't hired any of them yet).

Please review these resources created to aid new clients with using Upwork and let us know if you need further assistance.

39 of 54
Thank you very much for your reply and assistance! I really appreciate you
tried to duplicate what I encountered and your response.

I find this system very confusing, but am definitely learning with
everyone's help!
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
40 of 54

James and Josh (the original poster),  as freelancers we completely understand that 3 invites per job post is inadequate.  We have, collectively, suggested that Upwork modify that number to no more than 10.

This 'test' arose because a very small percentage of buyers abuse the system and send out 75+ invites per job post.  There is a vast difference between 10 or less and 75+.  Smiley Happy

Hopefully Upwork will amend the number of invites allowed to better serve both buyers and freelancers.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS