🐈
» Forums » Clients » was 3 free invites; now 15?
Page options
prestonhunter
Community Member

was 3 free invites; now 15?

After reorganization of services available to clients and the introduction of new membership tiers for client accounts, clients were limted to 3 three invites that they could send to freelancers.

For the job I posted today, I am being offered 15 invites. I double-checked and I could see that I didn't buy a "premium" job post, nor am I in a paid client tier. My client membership tier is basic (free).

If Upwork has increased the number of invites that clients can send from 3 to 15... then that's a good thing, as far as I am concerned. I like it as a freelancer because I think many clients prefer to have a larger number. So I see this as something that helps improve cient satisfaction with the platform.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Preston,

We're currently running a test to increase the invitation limit for basic plan clients. We are always looking for ways to improve Upwork and ensure clients can connect with great freelancers. This test allows us to see how increasing the number of invitations a client can send impacts their experience on Upwork.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
lysis10
Community Member

oh mannn pleeease let this be the new norm. I hope so.

JoanneP

Hi Preston,

We're currently running a test to increase the invitation limit for basic plan clients. We are always looking for ways to improve Upwork and ensure clients can connect with great freelancers. This test allows us to see how increasing the number of invitations a client can send impacts their experience on Upwork.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joanne, every FLer with a reasonable track record told Upwork - loudly, clearly, and repeatedly - that limiting clients to 3 invites was the height of stupidity the day this was first done.

While we're pleased U. seems to have perhaps come to their senses ... reading and taking into account the darn experience of your top earners SHOULD carry some weight.  From the start.

So a Thank You would be appropriate and appreciated.

P.S. Sorry to rag on the messenger ....

Thank you, thank you, thank you. So far I am liking the new CEO, assuming she has had some influence in the changes to JSS and invitations.

Wendy C wrote:

Joanne, every FLer with a reasonable track record told Upwork - loudly, clearly, and repeatedly - that limiting clients to 3 invites was the height of stupidity the day this was first done.

While we're pleased U. seems to have perhaps come to their senses ... reading and taking into account the darn experience of your top earners SHOULD carry some weight.  From the start.

So a Thank You would be appropriate and appreciated.

P.S. Sorry to rag on the messenger ....

+1

FLs were not the only ones who were "loudly, clearly, and repeatedly" complaining - there were quite a few disrgruntled client posts when this nonsense was introduced. I think U may have lost a lot of good clients with that directive. It doesn't need to be "tested" Upwork - just do it. 

sjbercot
Community Member

This would be GREAT news!

mtngigi
Community Member

Preston H wrote:

After reorganization of services available to clients and the introduction of new membership tiers for client accounts, clients were limted to 3 three invites that they could send to freelancers.

For the job I posted today, I am being offered 15 invites. I double-checked and I could see that I didn't buy a "premium" job post, nor am I in a paid client tier. My client membership tier is basic (free).

If Upwork has increased the number of invites that clients can send from 3 to 15... then that's a good thing, as far as I am concerned. I like it as a freelancer because I think many clients prefer to have a larger number. So I see this as something that helps improve cient satisfaction with the platform.

Preston ... thank you for this little ray of possible sunshine news.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths