Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Guru Shaming

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
21 of 53

Mark F wrote:

Actually the reason I even knew I had changed to Community Leader is that someone called me out saying I would expect more from a "community leader".

Just a title man, I didn't ask for it or even want it.

You're a community guru now. I expect more from you.

There is a lifecycle for every doe-eyed little noob that shows up on the forum. They start off all cute and precious and optimistic, and then after a few weeks of reading the people on here it's down the sarcasm path. It's the only path that keeps people sane when reading some of these people's post. 

Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
22 of 53

Jennifer M wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Actually the reason I even knew I had changed to Community Leader is that someone called me out saying I would expect more from a "community leader".

There is a lifecycle for every doe-eyed little noob that shows up on the forum. They start off all cute and precious and optimistic, and then after a few weeks of reading the people on here it's down the sarcasm path. It's the only path that keeps people sane when reading some of these people's post. 

Sooo.... what exactly IS a sweaty? Inquiring minds want to know.

Signed, FL whose brain is boiling in the AZ desert.

Ace Contributor
Sheila F Member Since: Apr 6, 2017
23 of 53

Central Texas here. "Sweaty" is what happens when you live in place that looks like this:

7dayforecast.png

Typical August. I'm working this week so I can pay my electric bill this month. Last week it was to pay for the AC repair.

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
24 of 53

My kids use the term sweaty tryhard:

Sweat” literally means that after a fight, the player was surely trying so hard to make a flashy play that they're sweating.

More detail here:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sweaty%20Tryhard

Not positive that is what Jennifer means...

Community Guru
25 of 53

Kelly B wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Mark F wrote:

I'm a really bad speller! We need a rule that nobody can make fun of my spelling.

Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
26 of 53

Jennifer M wrote:

Kelly B wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Mark F wrote:

I'm a really bad speller! We need a rule that nobody can make fun of my spelling.

lol I am not trying to shame you I swear! I've just never heard the word used the way you use it. For example: "Yikes, sweaty. Freelancer shoulda run if you indeed said it wasn't complicated and simple to do for a competent coder. haha that's textbook "client to avoid." "

Community Guru
27 of 53

Kelly B wrote:

lol I am not trying to shame you I swear! I've just never heard the word used the way you use it. For example: "Yikes, sweaty. Freelancer shoulda run if you indeed said it wasn't complicated and simple to do for a competent coder. haha that's textbook "client to avoid." "

It's ok I deserved to be shamed. 

Here I am bustin my hump for da man and you guys shame me. Don't you know who I am? I'm a community guru gdammit.

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
28 of 53

Jennifer M wrote:

Kelly B wrote:

Here I am bustin my hump for da man and you guys shame me. Don't you know who I am? I'm a community guru gdammit.

At last! I only joined this thread to see some community gurus being shamed.

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
29 of 53

Richard W wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Kelly B wrote:

At last! I only joined this thread to see some community gurus being shamed.

According to https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sweaty you were using the word correctly.

I guess I just un-shamed you. D--n.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
30 of 53

Jennifer M wrote:

Kelly B wrote:

Naw, honest to gawd, nobody was shaming you. Us little freelancers were just wispering amongst ourselves about the meaning of sweaty, being in awe of your command of the language, suspecting you invented a word maybe that will be in standard use very soon? Besides, it's just fun to follow a thread with my tribe, the gurus, no lowly aces or such, just us elite!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS