cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Job Postings Part II

Sarah C Member Since: May 12, 2019
661 of 695

I keep seeing the same job posting over and over again, with slightly different wording. It's the same $8/1500 words bull-hockey I posted about before, only now they want freelancers willing to write 20,000 words a day. Of well-researched material. For a long-term commitment. 

And, the more you write, the less you get paid. $12 for 3500 words. That's $.003/word. That should be a crime. 

*If* I could produce 20,000 words a day, I would not be getting paid $50 for it. 

Man, this RECURRING post really fires me up. 

Community Guru
Ray C Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
662 of 695
Just recently I saw a job for a $5 budget. I wasted 2 connects just to say.

Wow, five whole dollars? Why so much?
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
663 of 695

Hi Sarah, 

I want to check this job post. I would appreciate it if you can send it to me through a private message so that I can look into this. Thank you!

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
664 of 695

Sarah C wrote:

I keep seeing the same job posting over and over again, with slightly different wording. It's the same $8/1500 words bull-hockey I posted about before, only now they want freelancers willing to write 20,000 words a day. Of well-researched material. For a long-term commitment. 

And, the more you write, the less you get paid. $12 for 3500 words. That's $.003/word. That should be a crime. 

*If* I could produce 20,000 words a day, I would not be getting paid $50 for it. 

Man, this RECURRING post really fires me up. 

So if you do 300 words per hour, that comes out to 90 cents per hour, which is below the minimum 3 $ per hour, so you can flag the job  post for violation. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
665 of 695

re: "So if you do 300 words per hour, that comes out to 90 cents per hour, which is below the minimum 3 $ per hour, so you can flag the job post for violation."

It is not appropriate to flag job postings based purely on your own personal math or your own pesonal opinions.

Fixed-price jobs are based on deliverables. They are not based on the amount of time it takes to complete a task.

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
666 of 695
I just saw one where I think being paid is partially contingent on the client successfully running for President of the United States.
Community Guru
667 of 695
Yeah but even if he was going to pay you, which we all know he won't, do
you really want to wait tables at Mar a Lago?
Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
668 of 695

soo... I just saw this...
client is willing  to pay  higher rates - for expert designers. higher rate means $20 fixed  price budget (now - that's a nice budget...really...), job desciption is one sentence - he needs  "very designed" logo
I'm still trying to understand what that means...

Community Guru
669 of 695
As opposed to a not very designed logo which is what he's budgeted for.
Very designed is where you really open adobe actual illustrator and draw
very hard and then totally save it as a whole entire pdf. And then truly
ignore his stupid edits where he completely changes everything about what
you did (but it's the same logo because he really likes it) and then fully
get him to really pay you very soon and leave him a very bad review.

Or maybe he meant "Avery" designed logo using Avery's instant logo designer
template.
Robert Y Member Since: Aug 25, 2017
670 of 695

I saw a job for a content writer at $1 per 1000 words - and "do not reply if you will not work for this rate". Factor in the cost of your Internet connection and power for your laptop and you'd probably find you're paying for the privilege of doing this job.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS