» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Dark theme
Page options
Lukman B Community Member

Dark theme

We need a dark theme for upwork it's so bright at night 😄 😄 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nikola S Moderator

Hi All, 

We would like to let you know that Dark Mode is now available on the Upwork platform. You can change to Dark Mode by following the selecting profile and the top right corner > Theme > Dark Mode.

Below is a screenshot for reference. 

NikolaS_0-1717756342818.png

Feel free to visit this article for more information. We encourage you to try it and share your feedback on this thread

~ Nikola

View solution in original post

191 REPLIES 191
Najam M Community Member

Why has my Upwork gone dark on its own? I need help turning it off. Ironic isn't it?

Aliaksandr H Community Member

I guess they do a gradual rollout of the dark theme. That is only for selected users for now. They already did so with the previous UI updates. Sometimes I've seen that on some of my computers Upwork shows an old UI and on others - a new UI.

If it's true, then we have good news. I just hope that the dark theme will be optional with the option to sync the theme with the current OS theme.

Najam M, please check in the Upwork site settings, maybe now you can select light or dark theme

Jeanne H Community Member

You can use a program that allows you to have a night setting. I use a free program that enables me to have a black screen and still see all the features. I will use a dark theme if I'm writing or researching for long periods. I do the same with Word, usually making the page a light gray.

Matthew B Community Member

ADD DARK MODE 

Jithin J Community Member

Its 2022, and Upwork has recieved a major UI update this week, but still no dark mode.

Please do something about it.

Enes M Community Member

Yes you right

Simon M Community Member

simonmadsen_0-1661757596403.png

this works really well and i suspect that is why upwork does not prioritize this, but yeah upwork please the freelancers please, it is nice you have it as an option also, so that we can select individually on websites

Andi S Community Member

BUMP

anyone from upwork actually reading this?

Try notifying the moderator by clicking the three dots in the right-hand upper corner. The drop-down menu has an option for notifying the moderator. However, don't expect anything to change. In the meantime,  I use Dark Reader and it works well.

Yuriy P Community Member

Totally agree, dark theme would be really nice to have as an option!

Hamza A Community Member

YEAH, SOME OF US ARE BATSSS

Md Masum Miah J Community Member

Yes, it will be helpful. But on Firefox and Chrome, we can use a "Dark mode" extension.

Edgar P Community Member

But it would be nice to have on the app

Stefan O Community Member

It has been longer than 3 years now, still no dark mode, and there were major changes in the UI. Common Upwork, we are still counting on this... 😀

Md Masum Miah J Community Member

Useful

Md. Imran K Community Member
Lejla H Community Member

Where can I find a dark theme option?

Camilo D Community Member

That’s the best part, you can’t
Jonathan L Community Member

It's hidden in the shadows.

Use Dark Reader.

Aliaksandr H Community Member

I don't understand why changing fonts and menu shape every year is more important for Upwork than the dark mode which users are already asking for 3 years. 
Are there any news from the team?

Jonathan L Community Member

AMAZINGLY, Upwork has gone in the opposite direction of this request this past month. Since this thread has an official solution that is specific to the Chrome browser (although other browsers, especially Chromium-based ones, have similar workarounds) and does not cover the app, I'm posting a link to a recent, unsolved thread that will hopefully get more attention for this renewed issue.

Dark mode - If ever you are passing my way. 

Syed A Community Member

We are looking for a dark theme on Upwork. Please Upwork developers you should create a dark theme and allow us to switch to dark and light as well. I only use a dark version of every single website because the light theme is not good for my eye when I focus on the light theme then it's destroying my eyes and it makes a pain in my head as well so that is why I use a dark theme.

Thanks

Syed Ahmed

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Syed,

We truly appreciate your feedback and suggestions. This will definitely help us improve our service. I'll make sure to pass this over to the appropriate team for review and hopefully consider it. We'll let all members know if there's an update on the system. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

We have been asking for a dark theme for years. I use Dark Reader and it works very well. I recommend using that program.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths