R.I.P. Stephen :-(

hawking_1388171c.jpg

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
10 REPLIES 10
moutcom
Community Member

Spoiler
Yep, the "last star of science" is dead !
Thank you for posting Rene, i didn't get the sad news.
R.I.P HawKING
--We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
Mother Teresa
mcluc
Community Member

I was watching my news channels as they were close to end their hourly time. Changed to BBC to see what else is out there that is happening besides my own country. I was eating and looking at my plate when my earn heard the words "Stephen Hawking has died". I never wanted to hear and accept these words when the event will arrive and right now I'm at this moment where I can't accept that he died. He was 76, not 90/95 to admit that he lived long enough. 😞

I wonder myself now that after all his visions about this existence that we are in, he finally reached the place he always wanted to be and see what is there. He died on the same day Einstein was born.

purplepony
Community Member

Lucian, that's quite interesting that Stephen died on Einstein's birth date.  Thank you for sharing.  One can't help but wonder what future great was born after Stephen's death.

nymerion
Community Member

Stephen-Hawking1-copy.jpgRest in peace,brilliant man! 

purplepony
Community Member

Bill (hubby) and I were deeply saddened when we initially heard the news a bit after 5 this morning.  He most definitely was one of the greats; his mind---omg soooooooooooooooooooooooo many superb facets!  Upon hearing the news I immediately thought of his quote "...in my mind I am free."  Since I couldn't specifically remember the beginning part, I googled as I wanted to remember it correctly.  "Although I can not move, and I have to speak through a computer, in my mind I am free."-Stephen Hawking.   

Hawking was indeed a remarkable man and scientist. May he be remembered for a very long time- not for the fact that he was sometimes wrong, but for the fact that he was right so many other times.  

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Saw this while browsing the net: 

Stephen Hawking was born on January 8, 1942, on the 300th anniversary of Galileo's death. He died, March 14th, on the anniversary of Einstein's birth, and on Pi Day. 

Talk about the universe conspiring...

~ Avery
Upwork

It's all relative.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

@Rene K wrote:

It's all relative.

... yeah, and maybe the Lorentz Contractions don't apply in this instance. 

There was a great tribute to him on the BBC (UK) yesterday, with touching input from his children. What extraordinary courage he had.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths