🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » TUESDAY Live Virtual Yoga during Mindfulness ...
Page options
lenaellis
Community Member

TUESDAY Live Virtual Yoga during Mindfulness March

Beginning March 2, 2021, Upwork Freelancer Natalie Thomas will host live virtual yoga sessions here every Tuesday in March at 7am PST as part of our Mindfulness March events (see announcement post).

Each day, Natalie, will guide us through different stretches. The sessions will be 30 minutes each and easy to do without materials. We recommend having a towel or yoga mat for more comfort during seated stretches. The sessions will be twice per week one on Tuesday and the other Thursday at 4pm PST, so that you can select a time that works better for you (or attend both). The video will be embedded and you can join from wherever you are, each week, just by coming to this thread (or this one for Thursdays). 

Please feel free to ask questions or request modifications or adjustments to fit your body here in the thread during the live event.  All experience levels are welcome! We encourage you to take a break and join for a calming uplifting yoga session you can incorporate into your daily routine to ease the body and mind.

The live stream will start at 7am PST on Tuesdays. You can watch the recording when the session has ended up until when the new session begins the following week. Join us here every Tuesday all March long.

**** All family members in your household or housemates are welcome to join! 

Untitled
20 REPLIES 20
lysis10
Community Member

oh this is kinda neat. I have a yoga mat already too. I've been wanting to try yoga but this poophole town doesn't have a studio anywhere near me. How are there 3453 gyms but no yoga or even pilates? Buncha plebs around here. But now I can make a complete fool of myself tryina do this stuff in my house so that's pretty neat. Two thumbs up.

Jennifer you are hilarious. That is odd to not have a yoga studio around. Am I remembering correctly that you use to do a spin class or barre method or something before? I’m excited for yoga as well. I won't be on camera but I will be participating and if you have any questions I will share them with Natalie. Would love your feedback on the sessions!

Untitled

Lena E wrote:

Jennifer you are hilarious. That is odd to not have a yoga studio around. Am I remembering correctly that you use to do a spin class or barre method or something before? I’m excited for yoga as well. I won't be on camera but I will be participating and if you have any questions I will share them with Natalie. Would love your feedback on the sessions!

I used to do Orangetheory. Yes, I know. I'm one of *them*. I quit and just do a normal gym now.

I'm excited to try this out, so thank you to Natalie for hosting this too!

I did yoga 40 years ago.  Will be interested if my old joints still have any stretch left.  I did try to go back to it some years later but everybody in the class was double jointed and painfully thin and I couldn't keep up.

My mom and I joined the same beginner's yoga class in our town. She has Parkinson's disease, and I encouraged her to join us to improve her balance and dystonia. She felt awkward fitting in because everyone in the class was fit and young and "looked" healthy. She eventually got the hang of it and she did some of the poses better than me (I have scolio). Unfortunately, I had to move away, so we stopped doing yoga together.  Robot Sad. We'll probably revisit the idea when everything is back to normal.

Hopefully, this inspires everyone to try and join the session/s!Robot Happy

~ Avery
Upwork

While I hundred percent support healthy life style, I strongly encourage everyone, who's planning to attend such kinds of classes, to visit a neurologist, and make sure, that this won't make it worse. While many will benefit from yoga excercises, for some this can trigger pains, protrusions and worsen other nasty spinal bones jamming and deformations.

Aleksandr S wrote:

While I hundred percent support healthy life style, I strongly encourage everyone, who's planning to attend such kinds of classes, to visit a neurologist, and make sure, that this won't make it worse. While many will benefit from yoga excercises, for some this can trigger pains, protrusions and worsen other nasty spinal bones jamming and deformations.

In the US many people, especially self-employed, simply don't have the option to "visit a neurologist" for that kind of precautionary exam. That being said, I've been practicing yoga off and on for 40 years and a good teacher will always encourage students to start where they are and to stop before it hurts, and will offer modifications and substitutions as needed.

70a9ab81
Community Member

how many here wants me to work for them at a fair price

akriti0412
Community Member

This is awesome! Thank you Upwork Community for being so thoughtful, I feel so proud and happy to be working here! Looking forward to this amazing session! 

Oh Akriti we're happy to have you here in the community! I look forward to hearing your feedback on the sessions as well! 

Untitled

I very much like the yoga idea (although I hope Natalie will take into account age differences and body abilities!). However, could the yoga incentive go under one heading?  I see three different entries for the same topic. 

ETA: I think there's a glitch - or perhaps it's my browser ... 

Hi Nichola,

There should be 2 posts one for Tuesday and one for Thursday. This is because i will be hosting the live video embedded here in the thread. Also, since these threads are pinned to the top of the board it may appear to be duplicated because you will also see them in the thread list as well. 

-Lena

Untitled

@lenaellis wrote:

Also, since these threads are pinned to the top of the board it may appear to be duplicatted because you will also see them in the thread list as well. 

Sounds to me like an awkward bug

lenaellis
Community Member

Well that was rejuvenating! I really enjoyed our first yoga session today with Natalie. I don't know about you all, but I was loving the warm sunshine there in Costa Rica! It was a nice break from the snow I see out the window here in Michigan. I hope you enjoyed the session today and you're a bit more energized, relaxed and focused. Join us here next Tuesday with Natalie for another yoga session.

Namaste

-Lena

Untitled

I had to drop out - Stella Artois the Dog was overly concerned about me lying on the floor. 

Also, I remembered that Yoga upsets my inner ear and makes me a little queasy.  Will watch the tape and try again, without Stella's assistance and maybe with some dramamine!.

ETA: Avery, I have terrible scoliosis which has led to big problems as I age.  Do everything you can while you're young to keep strong and slim!

Ah!! Thanks, Mary!

I used to swim now and then to exercise my back. Right now, I do basic yoga stretches when my back wants to give up on me (like - basic-basic!). I should keep your tip in mind! Robot Happy

~ Avery
Upwork
saifullah_imtiaz
Community Member

1st time i try it and i really enjoy it 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

We ran into technical difficulties with the live stream for today's class (March 30.) It's being delayed and the new video will be posted in the original post shortly after 7:30am Pacific Time.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

ive regestered my freeiancing account but i cant find any contract

how do you people aparate im so in neet of soeone to work for

Ive regestered a freelancing account but i cant get any contract how do you people oparate in so in need of someone to work for

Latest Articles
Learning Paths