🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Trip to Italy
Page options
fkose1993
Community Member

Trip to Italy

Hello everybody.

I'll be travelling to Italy in few days.  Planning to visit Rome, Florence, Pisa and Vatican City.  I have only 6 days so I was wondering if anyone native or someone who travelled country before could give me tips like where can I taste best local food?  Is there a place I will regret if I don't visit?  Where is the best place to listen street musicians?

I appriciate for your helps. Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Fatih K wrote:

Hello everybody.

I'll be travelling to Italy in few days.  Planning to visit Rome, Florence, Pisa and Vatican City.  I have only 6 days so I was wondering if anyone native or someone who travelled country before could give me tips like where can I taste best local food?  Is there a place I will regret if I don't visit?  Where is the best place to listen street musicians?

That is too much.  I would eithercut out Florence and Pisa, or Rome and Vatican, depending on where you are flying to.

If you are flying to Rome do Rome, Vatican (which is, for all intents and purposes, Rome,) and do a day trip to Pompeii.

Pisa is terribly underwhelming.

Be aware that everything (!) in Rome is breathtakingly expensive by Italian standards, and be super extra careful with your belongings both while out and about and in your hotel.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
colettelewis
Community Member

Fatih,

Nobody can see all there is to see in Italy (in any country for that matter) in six days. If it were me, I would either, play it by ear and mooch around the cities enjoying the atmosphere and beautiful buildings  and eating in interesting looking restaurants (I would go to the less frequented areas for this), or book some sightseeing bus tours and get taken by a guide to the sites one should be looking at.   

You could go Olive Garden instead if you are on a limited budget or tight schedule.

petra_r
Community Member

@Fatih K wrote:

Hello everybody.

That is too much.  I would eithercut out Florence and Pisa, or Rome and Vatican, depending on where you are flying to.

If you are flying to Rome do Rome, Vatican (which is, for all intents and purposes, Rome,) and do a day trip to Pompeii.

Pisa is terribly underwhelming.

Be aware that everything (!) in Rome is breathtakingly expensive by Italian standards, and be super extra careful with your belongings both while out and about and in your hotel.

Thank all of you for your advices, I really appreciate it.

It's been half a day since I got here and love it so far!  Got lost only one time 🙂

I didn't know that Rome was expensive for natives also. I thought it was only to me because I was converting Euro to Turkish lira. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths