🐈
» Community » Community Blog » Team Spotlight: Judd L., Program Manager, Tal...
Page options
Sep 29, 2022
Team Spotlight: Judd L., Program Manager, Talent Assessments

For the last couple of months, we’ve been spotlighting members of the Upwork Academy team. Today we turn the focus to Judd Lauronilla who has been working with Upwork for more than two and a half years managing talent assessments.

Judd and his four-year-old daughter.Judd and his four-year-old daughter.

How did you come to join Upwork?

Judd L.: “A former colleague, who's also in the Talent Assessment team, posted their job opening on Facebook and I reached out to her to ask how I can submit my application.”

What do you do in your role?

JL: “I lead the Upwork Skill Certifications (USC) program and manage 4 team members. I also work with other stakeholders inside the company to understand their needs and how USC can help them with their talent demands. I identify gaps for process improvement, resolve program issues and dependencies, address escalations from team members and report to the leadership team on our key results. I also recommendations to the leadership team on quarterly goals, program scaling, and overall program direction.”

What’s your favorite part of your role?

JL: “I work with a very small team but our impact spans around the world. We help freelancers showcase their expertise to clients to make them appear more credible and possibly improve their business in Upwork.”

What’s your favorite part of working with/for Upwork?

JL: “I am so proud that we aim to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. I also get to work with awesome people around the world, which is what community is all about.”

What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time?

JL: “I love travelling to different places every now and then, I like immersing in different cultures, and traditions and learning from locals in different places. On a daily basis, I do Crossfit and fitness boxing as my way to stay active while working remotely. I also love going to the beach!”

Judd enjoying the sunset at Boracay.Judd enjoying the sunset at Boracay.

Judd's fitness journey was once published in a local paper.Judd's fitness journey was once published in a local paper.

Want to learn more about Upwork Academy? Check out our learning paths, individual courses, coaching, videos, infographics, and more. You can quickly get to these features from the “Academy” menu at the top of any Community page.

5 Comments