🐈
» Groups » Customer Service & Admin Support Professionals » Forum » Beware of Crypto Recovery and "Ethical Hacker...
Page options
d71e7feb
Community Member

Beware of Crypto Recovery and "Ethical Hacker" SCAMS!!

To everyone, Be aware. this is my story.
i used a so called recovery professional and ended up being scammed for a 3rd time... i posted a job for crypto recovery and i cant believe how many proposals i received. and all of them have the same clever story. i however had 1 person out of 16 that i messaged told me i must stop asking because im going to get scammed again.

He told me it was impossible and yet i still used someone. My point being, i think admins should not allow keyword posts of certain criteria regarding "Ethical Hacking". And to promote awareness to all members looking to hire to avoid this type of request. ill attach the profile of the guy who helped me. i just wish Upwork can provide me some details of this person as he's details are FAKE!

PS. @admin please let me know if you would like some more info. i have he's number and cha/call and payment history.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
sofia2008
Community Member

You got scammed 3 times and did not listen to someone who told you not to do it. Upwork cannot protect people from themselves.

Hi, i complete aggree, and im not asking for ANYONE to protect me, i have my big boy pants on and accepted the fact.

I am trying to make other ppl aware of this.

I have 9 other ppl whereby 3 also used this platform and same service and got scammed.

Thanks for your vauleud comment Sophie.

My understanding was that you wanted Upwork's help to limit the use of some keywords to avoid that. My point was that people have to help themselves a bit.