🐈
» Groups » Customer Service & Admin Support Professionals » Forum » How I get my First job
Page options
0c8460ad
Community Member

How I get my First job

Greetings! I am Farhan Rauf, a freelancer.

I am Telecommunication Engineer with 12 years of work experience. I am an expert with my skills, in MS Office, PDF, IT, Data entry, Trackers maintenance etc. I have excellent management, data entry, organizing documents, leadership & communication skills. I can Supervise teams, and manage meetings with clients & contractors.

more

3 REPLIES 3
ibnemureed
Community Member

Hi Farhan,

• Congratulations on taking the first step toward becoming a freelancer! It sounds like you have a lot of valuable skills and experience to offer.
    Here are a few tips on how to get your first freelance job:
    Define your niche.
    Create a strong online presence.
    Be proactive. 
    Build your reputation
    Start with small projects
    Be willing to negotiate.
    Be professional
    Be patient.
    It may take some time to build up your client base. So don't be afraid.

I wish you all the best in your freelance career!

Sincerely,
    Abdul Ghaffar

bcc7898c
Community Member

Same topic is mine.my profile is ready,my exprienced sounds like good.but I have yet 10 orders placed for 5 days,still now not yet.I have taken the trainning on data entry & lead generation few days ago.please suggest me.

1b9b1109
Community Member

Here are some tips for getting your first job on Upwork:

Create a polished profile. Include a professional photo, well-written bio, qualifications, skills and experience. This is your opportunity to introduce yourself.

Fill out all profile fields completely. Provide details clients want to know like rates, response time, availability, language skills, etc.

Post some samples of your work in your portfolio. This could include past client work, freelance projects, or personal work to showcase your skills.

Set affordable hourly rates or fixed prices for basic jobs. New freelancers usually charge lower rates to build experience and reviews.

Browse active job posts and apply to those you're qualified for. Tailor your proposal to specifically address what the client asks for.

Reach out to clients and include a short personalized message. Explain why you're best suited for the job and how you can help.

Be responsive. Reply to client questions within a day. Clients prefer freelancers who communicate quickly.

Complete your first few jobs well within the agreed scope. Deliver work on time and on budget to get positive reviews.

Gradually increase your rates as your profile, skills and qualifications improve over time.

Join relevant categories, contribute high quality posts, and build connections in the communities.

Patience and perseverance are key when starting out. With a professional approach, relevant work samples and competitive pricing, you can land that first job.