🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Are you talk about BIM.
Page options
dabgarravi
Community Member

Are you talk about BIM.

Hey there, 

The hourly rate is varying too much from one to another user and client both, can someone guide through what should be the best hourly rate to get the project in. If I consider rate as per experience then It's too much for the clients, and It you quate for less, the client might consider you under performer. most of the time clients not turn up for the discussion to make them convince. 50 applicants for a job, doesn’t allow client to reach to the right profile to choose I believe, what you guys think on this. 

Please suggest, 

Regards,

Ravi 

3 REPLIES 3
5177fd30
Community Member

You're correct that it's a mix of variables, I had the same perspective. 

1. BIM is specific unless it's someone in the industry hiring temp support then the terminology may not be relevant to a client. 
  2. The rate has multiple variables for itself, but setting it somewhat less than desired will still be better than earning nothing. 
  3. I agree that 50 applicants make getting viewed a bit challenging. Adding to the challenge is the major imbalance caused by the badges. A new freelancer on Upwork who has a strong portfolio could easily suffer from not having badges and can quickly be dismissed; for instance, I've had 2 jobs on Upwork out of 150 proposals. My background is in BIM management. 

Hey Gerry, Thanks for replying. I can imagine the frustration for getting 2 out of 150 proposals send. you have rightly mentioned about the imbalance due to badges, its tuff drive for the new ones, even having best industry knowledge.

Hi
I want to ask a question in which way you get first client