🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Clients don't give feedback after getting the...
Page options
shristisabyaz7
Community Member

Clients don't give feedback after getting the job finished successfully!

Hello there, creatives with talent!

My name is Shristi Suman, and I've worked as a fashion and graphic designer for nine years. I signed up with Upwork last year and got to work.

When the project is finished and things are going smoothly at work, I feel quite odd. They remark how much they enjoy the finished product in the chat box as well. however, the majority of them don't bother to provide feedback! How can I get these clients' opinions? given that I am not an old person on this platform. To earn the trust of other clients in my job, I need their feedback. These days, even I consider all customer reviews before hiring any services.

I need your advice on this subject, please!

many thanks for visiting

15 REPLIES 15
shristisabyaz7
Community Member

After asking twice and thrice. I just get conscious, If ping them for the same thing they might get irritated! Is there any psychological trick Involved in this? Because I have seen so many freelancers have such big feedback! How do they do that?

muhammad_umairq
Community Member

This happened to me once, I contacted the client and I requested feedback nicely, and I got one, I think sometimes clients don't really understand the feedback procedure, or they are just too busy so just leave them a message and they will provide the feedback once they get the time.

bd27a711
Community Member

Hi Shristi Suman, you are a very good question asking, am with you and excited for an answer related to this question

mzalostaz
Community Member

Do not just ask them for 5 stars and a good review. Send them the instructions on how to do it in three simple short steps. Many do not know how to do it and do not have the time to search for the method. You also have to give them a review first, if you did not do that, then even if they gave you a review, it will not appear on your profile until you do the same. Both parties have only 14 days to do it.

Thanks for the 3 simple short steps suggestion! I think It will increase the chances of my feedback!

5475e7fc
Community Member

Hi Christi S.
You can write them explaining the side benefits and comments for them and then for you.
The most important thing is to highlight the benefits of feedback for your clients and then your own.

Hi! Thanks for your suggestion!

Can You explain a bit more about the benefits for the client? 

You must know that the customer has the choice to leave you a comment or not.
You must therefore exchange with your customer but by emphasizing his interest in leaving you a comment and a note.

Also tell them that you will leave them a review with a good rating.

Also let them know that the reviews and rating will help them recruit better freelancers because no one wants to work with a bad company on Upwork.

The reviews left by the freelancers prove its seriousness and good collaboration.

Thank you

michel_bibiana
Community Member

Just to add to what ILLIACE Z said, you should talk in terms of the client's interest, and that can be best done after greeting or giving your qualifications for the job offer as you first submit your proposal. Talk as though they will gain on writing a review once they see a nice job, and tell them you will do the same, giving a genuinely positive review on their good communication, understanding, or anything positive(which is something you will pick after you interact with C). Sorry if I have little past experience to show you that but I suggest you read "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie. I read it just last month and so far it has done wonders in my interactions. Let's all do our best and if I am wrong anywhere in this long text, then I am truly sorry, and request feedback

THANKS! Michel.

66fd5516
Community Member

This could be Upworks fault. I am a client who has received all contracted work. Have paid all fees but Upwork shows something still needs to be funded. I would like to bring the project to a close and give a 5 star review but am still trying to figure it out.

Hello Mary! the same situation happened with one of my clients. Please contact in help center! After completing my whole project! I feed the time and it got funded and then after some days! that payment got refunded without my permission!

I still don't know what happened and why I did not receive anything! she was very happy with my work and willing to do the next one! but she just disappeared after that! I don't know whose fault was!

5475e7fc
Community Member

Hello Marie M,
I think that in your case you should ask your freelancer to terminate the current contract. By ending the current contract your freelancer will leave you his comment and his notes after you can leave your note and comment. If you want to hire him afterwards you make a new contract.
Thanks

bingiart
Community Member

According to my experience, Many customers do not use their personal mail ID for work. They open that mail ID only on working days. Therefore your notification will not reach them. If you have been working with a client for a long time, they know your work. There is an option, You can finish one project and ask for a review. I've gotten a review this way more than once. Sorry, I don't know about short term/single project work.

sure! thanks!