🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Newbie in upwork
Page options
dc1f9b3d
Community Member

Newbie in upwork

Hi!👋 Am new to upwork and I have being around for about a month but I have not yet received any requests. I am qualified and just need that one customer who would rank my work and get me started. Its really difficult getting a job as a newbie. If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
victor_selva
Community Member

Hey Derrick,

Job title:  If your presentation design work is in MS Word, then you should be changing your job title to - Microsoft Word Expert, as you will be found by clients using keyword search.  Have your title as short as possible - Microsoft Word Expert/Transcriptionist.

Profile: You will have to elaborate more on your current expertise and skills in your profile and remove the merits and demerits of a good presentation.

Work samples: Include screenshots of your past projects in your profile under the portfolio section and also attach them while sending proposals.

Transcription: Try concentrating on transcription jobs first if you have the skills to deliver quality work as there are many transcription jobs available.

Proposals: Have you started sending proposals to get jobs as your query says not received any requests (how many proposals have you sent so far?)

Cheers,

Victor

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
victor_selva
Community Member

Hey Derrick,

Job title:  If your presentation design work is in MS Word, then you should be changing your job title to - Microsoft Word Expert, as you will be found by clients using keyword search.  Have your title as short as possible - Microsoft Word Expert/Transcriptionist.

Profile: You will have to elaborate more on your current expertise and skills in your profile and remove the merits and demerits of a good presentation.

Work samples: Include screenshots of your past projects in your profile under the portfolio section and also attach them while sending proposals.

Transcription: Try concentrating on transcription jobs first if you have the skills to deliver quality work as there are many transcription jobs available.

Proposals: Have you started sending proposals to get jobs as your query says not received any requests (how many proposals have you sent so far?)

Cheers,

Victor